Samsung NX1 - Best Lenses

timmyturntable

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On March 5, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Geoff CB said:

I have the voightlander 28, 40, and 90mm. They along with the nikon Ai-S are great on the NX1. For me though the S lenses are fantastic, very sharp, great look, amazing AF, and stabilized. Both are going for under a grand on the used market right now. 

Interested in picking up the voigtlander 40 to use as a standard walk around lens. How do you like the look on the nx1 ?

On 3/5/2016 at 2:08 PM, Marco Tecno said:

Top 3 for bokeh on NX1 (native lenses) is, IMO:

85/1.4

50-150

45/1.8

After that I'd say 50-200 and 60mm macro. Only after those, there comes the 16-50s

Top 3 for AF:

50-150

16-50s

Top 3 for sharpness:

60 macro

50-150

30mm

I only have the 16-50 f/2-2.8 50-150 f/2.8 and 50-200 f/3.5-5.6 and in my opinion out of those three lens I would orer them like this

BOKEH & SHAPRNESS:

1. 50-150
  2. 16-50
  3. 50-200

The 16-50 is definately alot sharper and has alot more bokeh than the 50-200(IMO). But I definately agree the 50-150 is better then the other two across the board except for weight and for that reason I hardly ever bring it climbing. That is why I bought the 50-200 in the first place.

On 3/5/2016 at 8:18 AM, woozie said:

Is the NX 50-200mm as good as the movie pro 18-200mm lens, for video?

I have never used the 18-200 but from what I understand it is far inferior to the 50-200. I have heard It is quite soft, significantly slower at all focal lengths, costs almost 3 times as much and weights quite a bit more. If you are considering this lens compare getting the 50-200 with either the 16-50PZ or a few primes like the 10mm, 30mm f/2 or 45mm. I think you will end up with better performing lense for less money and will weight less in your bag.

7 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Interested in picking up the voigtlander 40 to use as a standard walk around lens. How do you like the look on the nx1 ?

It's my favorite lens ever made. Will post sample for you later today. 

Any suggestions on a good lens with a low f-stop and fairly short focal length. I run a YouTube channel and do most of my filming in a small enclosed area. I've only been using the 16-50s lens b/c I haven't found anything that's been able to surpass it (played with a Rokinon 35mm 1.4 but didn't get much out of it). I'd prefer a lens that allows for AF, so I've been eyeing the 45mm 1.8 and 85mm 1.4, but not sure those would be ideal for my limited space. Any other suggestions that might not break the bank?

1 hour ago, bdiamond said:

Any suggestions on a good lens with a low f-stop and fairly short focal length. I run a YouTube channel and do most of my filming in a small enclosed area. I've only been using the 16-50s lens b/c I haven't found anything that's been able to surpass it (played with a Rokinon 35mm 1.4 but didn't get much out of it). I'd prefer a lens that allows for AF, so I've been eyeing the 45mm 1.8 and 85mm 1.4, but not sure those would be ideal for my limited space. Any other suggestions that might not break the bank?

The 30mm f2 is actually very good. However it's AF is sub par. If you can make it work for the space, the 45mm is the way to go.

8 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

It's my favorite lens ever made. Will post sample for you later today. 

Yeah - I'd dig seeing some of this lens too.

I have the 20mm and it's a very good lens - but it's not an "outstanding" lens. Almost no 20mm lenses are really...optical thing I guess.

17 hours ago, DPStewart said:

I have the 20mm and it's a very good lens - but it's not an "outstanding" lens. Almost no 20mm lenses are really...optical thing I guess.

I can recommend this one, especially in front of an APS-C sensor:
https://photographylife.com/reviews/nikon-20mm-f1-8g-ed/4

Not too heavy, suficiently sharp, around 600 bucks.

59 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Seriously...dammit, dude. Now I've got to spend money on another lens I don't need. THANKS A LOT. :P

Has anyone used the Voigtlander 75mm 2.5 or 58mm 1.4? Do they resolve this well too?

I don't have the 75, but I do have the 58mm 1.4 and 90mm f3.5 :) 

8 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

I don't have the 75, but I do have the 58mm 1.4 and 90mm f3.5 :) 

Thanks, Geoff! 

Resolving power looks great on both lenses, although I'm not crazy about the 58's bokeh. Little harsh for my taste.

Still, the 20, 40, and 90 are looking like awesome options. All manual, Nikon mount, and they can resolve the NX1 sensor wide open? That's good enough for anything.

1 hour ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Thanks, Geoff! 

Resolving power looks great on both lenses, although I'm not crazy about the 58's bokeh. Little harsh for my taste.

Still, the 20, 40, and 90 are looking like awesome options. All manual, Nikon mount, and they can resolve the NX1 sensor wide open? That's good enough for anything.

Yeah I agree, I have the 28, 40, and 90 and they all match in terms of look. Thought the 58 1.4 would be great, but aside from it's aperture it does not match the other lenses, and stopped down it reads as too sharp compared to the others, I like it for photos on my Nikon camera, don't enjoy using it as much on the NX1.  Still need that 20mm to complete the set. 

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

Yeah I agree, I have the 28, 40, and 90 and they all match in terms of look. Thought the 58 1.4 would be great, but aside from it's aperture it does not match the other lenses, and stopped down it reads as too sharp compared to the others, I like it for photos on my Nikon camera, don't enjoy using it as much on the NX1.  Still need that 20mm to complete the set. 

Voigtlander makes some damn good lensss