The ND Throttle Rules

Mattias Burling

• Super Members

ndthrottle2.md.jpg

I became aware of this thing through this forum. So I guess Im kicking in wide open doors here.
But I like it so I thought I show my results anyway.

SAM_01451.md.jpg

I got both the Nikon to E-Mount and NX.

NDTumme.md.jpg

My first thought was, shortly the ND must be bad and soften the image.
Well, compared to my proven Genus Eclipse its actually sharper...

ndthrottle3.md.jpg

It has a shift towards yellow. But its so small that after grading its not visible anymore, even without correcting., 

ndthrottle4.md.jpg

Some moving images and review.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah it does!!! I have it in Nikon to m43 and it is an amazing product. I also am waiting on a used/mint ef to m43 from fotodiox clearance, so I can use it with every other lens mount I own. I like the product so much, I am probably going to hold off on a speedbooster for the time being. 

• Super Members

And have you seen that they are releasing an Electronic EF version :)

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

When Metabones makes one that is speedbooster and nd combo I'll be really excited. 

Would be cool, but probably x5 the cost as well. If lucky.

Thats one or the perks of using it on the NX1 and A7sii. The sensors are already large. No need to boost :)

Normally I think it is a bad idea to add optical elements into the path between the lens and camera, but in this instance, if you never remove the adapter, it could be an effective method of keeping dust off the sensor.

4 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

I know, just messing :)

A thread isnt complete untill Tugela uses it for his/hers Canon Envy Rants :)

You do realize that I own Canon cameras right?

The Canon image is one that is very firm, not soft and flaccid.
It is an image that can stand erect against the competition, maintaining its rigidity throughout the entire act of image gathering.
When the other Cameras go limp and shrivel up, the Canon is virile and strong.

Do I have this right?

16 minutes ago, DPStewart said:

The Canon image is one that is very firm, not soft and flaccid.
It is an image that can stand erect against the competition, maintaining its rigidity throughout the entire act of image gathering.
When the other Cameras go limp and shrivel up, the Canon is virile and strong.

Do I have this right?

there's a reason they called themselves Canon

SAM_5808.jpg

this is really brilliant to see, some of the early reviews really slated the ND Throttle for destroying resolution and introducing enough nictotine into the image to make it look like a Tony Scott film. This could be the answer to allowing me to use my lens hoods instead of needing a matte box on my GH4, it will certainly be the answer if I get a used A7S

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:21 AM, Jonesy Jones said:

When Metabones makes one that is speedbooster and nd combo I'll be really excited. 

That would mean squeezing a LOT of glass into a very very small space! I somehow doubt if it will happen? But we can hope! ha :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Super Members
8 minutes ago, BrorSvensson said:

Hey @Mattias Burling, im think about getting this adapter for both stills and video but there's no reviews out there on how the sharpness holds up for stills. Would be ever so kind of you if you could just do a couple of test stills with the adapter for me :)

Sorry, Im currently not in possession of a stills camera that can use them. I only have a 5Dmk3 and a Gm1 for digital stills.
But I can sell the Sony version (or mft but I suspect its for the A7) to you for a good price, shipping included since you live close :)