Price was $1000 yesterday now back to $1500

big phill

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

I offered a guy $500 for one yesterday, he is concidering it. Also found the 16mm, 30mm and 45mm primes for $390.

Pretty sweet deal compared to what $900 gets you at the store.

I think the NX1 will be totally current for atleast 3 years. So if one can just ignore the gas, the bargain of the century is just around the corner. Because it will drop further.

• Super Members

Dont know why people shop from there. Ive never been scamed in my life and cant either. Just buy from real people. People thats within a few hours distance so they know that you will come visit if its a scam.

Or use a safe payment optionoption.

Or if from abroad on a forum like this, use paypal and you are golden. The exact same protection as on eBay is given between people outside of ebay.

Frankly, being scamed as a buyer is pretty much impossible. As a seller though... I never accept paypal. So easy for a buyer to rip you of. I let them just send the cash and have faith or come pick it up.

Just now, Mat Mayer said:

I am a seller (nothing related to cameras) and Paypal never sides with us. They did once and we were jumping for joy as if it was a miracle ?

I can appreciate that from a sellers point of view, but as someone who has had his life savings scammed out of him - over £6000 by a dodgy seller, when buying a wheelchair, of all things, and had it returned thanks to paypal - that paypal mark is one of the few things that gives me enough trust to buy from sellers that I have never heard of before. So while it may feel frustrating as anything to have done nothing wrong and be forced to give a refund, even be left out of pocket by it if the goods are unsellable, I do wonder if the trust paypal brings in attracting customers is more than worth it?

Saw a TV report on how Amazon and competitors calculate their prices. It's done by computers using complicated algorithms. You can't predict the price, even if there is a tendency over many days, no man can. There are apps for buyers as well. You type in what at what price you want to be alarmed. Those apps communicate with the sellers' programs which, at the same time, try to maximize the profit, so you see how the cookie crumbles.

21 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I offered a guy $500 for one yesterday, he is concidering it. Also found the 16mm, 30mm and 45mm primes for $390.

Pretty sweet deal compared to what $900 gets you at the store.

I think the NX1 will be totally current for atleast 3 years. So if one can just ignore the gas, the bargain of the century is just around the corner. Because it will drop further.

I need a idealize this...today lol!!!!!

On February 24, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Mattias Burling said:

I agree. Sounds like the new Sony may be an equivalent body, but I don't see anyone catching up in the $1k market any time soon. And even when they do, the NX will still have every feature it had when you bought it. Ridiculously capable camera. Wish there were less RS, but I'm learning to deal with that, just really watch yourself when handheld and get out the steadicam more (and hell, I shot some gigs with a D7000 years ago - great camera for jello commercials). (Though the color was lovely.) BTW, the NX1 with the 16-50 kit zoom? Amazing budget steadicam setup - OIS and useable AF - and who shoots Steadicam at 2.8 anyway? At 3.5 or 4, that lens is really attractive. Not as gorgeous as a classic, vintage wide prime - but you could stick 5 of the kit zooms on your rig and still be lighter than some classic 18-20mm glass. Get a 55mm step-up ring and get some cheap ND and maybe a diffusion filter (ever see how cheap quality 52mm filters are??) I just leave the step-up on mine and use a 52mm cap. get a rubber collapsible hood for when you need it. Really really dig it.

On 25.2.2016 at 9:33 AM, Mattias Burling said:

$1400 is steep. Its still $990 brand new in Sweden.
And where supposedly an expensive country. For example the a6300 preorder price is $1350.

A new NX1+ 16-50 S and Battery Grip is $2000. Should make it $1-1200 used if mint condition.

Hey Matthias,

would it be possible to link to these kind of offers? Seems like you always get these awesome cameras for awesome prices:)

cheers