What your favorite/most used/dream lens?

BrorSvensson

Im a real lens nerd myself so im of course curious in seeing what you guys shoot with/always wanted to shoot with :)

My favorite and most used lens i own is the Nikkor 55mm f1.2, that lens is the deffnition of the full frame look to me. Its a bit dreamy and glowy wide open but thats what i love about it and when you stop down to even f2 its the sharpest lens i've used.

My dream lens is the voigtlander 35mm 1.2. I've always loved the 35mm focal length but the dof capabilites of the 50mm has pushed me to use it more often, so have both in one lens would be amazing.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Lately I have been really into f/2 lenses. My obsession started with the FD 28mm, then I picked up a 28mm MD, which I traded for the Rokkor-X version and now I have the Nikkor ai 28mm f2 and the Olympus, which I think I am going to sell. And most recently I picked up the Takumar 35mm f2 and the RMC Tokina 35mm f2. The Tokina is blowing me away, a beautiful lens. So yeah, f2 lenses all the way. As far as dream lenses go, I would love to own the Contax Zeiss Distagon 28mm f2, often referred to as "The Hollywood," some day. 

I shoot almost all my m43 stuff  @f2.  But, I do like my f1.2 lenses in case I need that extra brightness in a dark room.  It's good to have that ability even if it means some annoying CA and softness.  A f1.2 lens stopped down to f2 looks sharp.  I'm shooting old Canon FD, but I've used Nikon and Pentax with success as well.

Voigtlander 40mm f2 is my favorite. Incredible rendering, smooth focus, and very small. Takes anamorphic adapters very well and remains sharp wide open with the adapter. If I could only use one of my current lenses for the rest of my life this would be it.

21717594821_a4c5a93c39_z.jpg147_DSC4968 by Chatham Orpheum Theater, on Flickr

Josh Keshner does excellent work with this lens and the SLR Magic anamorphic adapter: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kesnerster/

My dream lens is not out yet, but I love how Cooke renders skin tones so their upcoming 35-180 2x anamorphic makes me feel like a kid. It's big, it's heavy, it's 100% cinema glass. 

http://www.cookeoptics.com/l/anamorphic-zoom-lens.html

EDIT; Actually I just want a Cooke 40mm T2.3 Anamorphic and I'll be set. 

9 hours ago, mercer said:

Lately I have been really into f/2 lenses. My obsession started with the FD 28mm, then I picked up a 28mm MD, which I traded for the Rokkor-X version and now I have the Nikkor ai 28mm f2 and the Olympus, which I think I am going to sell. And most recently I picked up the Takumar 35mm f2 and the RMC Tokina 35mm f2. The Tokina is blowing me away, a beautiful lens. So yeah, f2 lenses all the way. As far as dream lenses go, I would love to own the Contax Zeiss Distagon 28mm f2, often referred to as "The Hollywood," some day. 

If you are into f2 lenses you have to try the nikkor 85mm f2 ais, such a beautiful lens. very sharp and amazing colour and contrast rendering.

7 hours ago, DPStewart said:

Most used lens? - Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art.

Favorite lenses to shoot with at any price? - Zeiss Standard Speeds. 

Favorite dream lenses that it's possible to actually own? - Sony Cine-Alta II.

My most used is the Sigma ART 18-35 too. Easily. 

My favourite current lens is the Helios 44-2 85mm (modern version). This thing is nuts. Bokeh is crazy. Flares are really random. Star shapes and all sorts. 

Favourite: Minolta 135mm STF T4.5 - It's got two iris', It's highly impractical to use and I just love it so much!

Most Used: Sigma 18-35 - I use it because I was given it and it's all I've got, but as amazing a lens as it is, I find it unemotional. If I wrote a film that had a lot of scenes set in a clean, crisp bright environment, it would be my top choice, but I find I'm trying to cut away it's amazing qualities in post, and I'm not talented at doing that!

EDIT- Just want to emphasise, it's this way for me, to my eyes and with my style, I'm not saying that others with more talent, a different style and different eyes won't find very different results to me)

Dream(s):

DSO Trump - I'm saving hard Richg101, one day, it will be mine, with a tonne of extras! (I know about the cheaper version, but I want to buy a new "colour" almost on a whim, and going trump will almost certainly be cheaper long run, and then I can use the wide angle, choose between iris insert shapes etc.

Something something anamorphic something - everytime I get excited by anamorphic, I look ito it, do my sums, blanche at the figures involved and forget it all in an endless cycle.

The new Samyang Xeens - I saw a big comparison test where the guy took them to the beach, and I fell in love with them.

I recently got the 35mm f/2 IS USM lens from Canon and I don't think it's going to be leaving the front of my camera anytime soon. This thing is legit. Super sharp, and it has image stabilization which isn't very common for prime. I'm not sure what type of shooting you so, but for the run-and-gun stuff I do, this was a dream come true. Oh, and it looks just as good as the L series lenses in my opinion. Except it was $500.

• Super Members

My favorite varies depends on the camera. On the bmpcc its the 20mm f1.7. Sigma 30mm f1.4 (old version) on Canon APS-C. Nikkor 17-35/2.8 on Red One. Kern-Paillards on the D16. 

Currently Im testing out the A7sii and am very fond of the old Nikkor 35mm f1.4 Ai-s.

slog2.md.jpg

Dream lens would be the two Canon zooms from Hurt Locker.