Bought the Edelkrone SliderONE

Mattias Burling

@Mattias Burling my mistake, I thought that C100/fs5 etc were off limits.

Of course I wasn't expecting a Red or Arri on that, and I wouldn't care about the cost either!

The big one is too noisy for synch videos, and the small one doesn't do the parallax thing (which is very important for product placement and story telling),

and the whole set is almost 1000 euros with 5 weeks waiting time. 

So it is not the no brainer that it seems like.

Does anyone knows Edelkrone chinese simple sliders that work well? We have the original one and works great, but we have to split the production team in times, but we can't pay much right now. I can see them go from 80-280euros on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

First of all, I wouldn't advice anyone to get that Zoom for video production. Second, Canon cameras have terrible audio systems (and pre-amplifiers), third the most common setup is the mic close to the sound source (with the Rode mic close the end) but you see because the Rode isn't especially hot (almost the opposite actually, vs par example the Sennheisser ME66) and the mediocre Zoom recorder a less adequate sound than I would expect for such a close and right mic positioning.

Now, the One, the One is great, the big one (with the side mechanism) is very noisy.

There is also the Wing, which is a very interesting design, and this 

oh! and this! 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Ty Harper said:

And they just dropped this yesterday.... wish there was a way to use it with the motion module but no go.... ah well, picked up the slider one, motion module, flex tilt 2 combo and it's all I need. Great compact kit! 

Looks awesome, but for 3K? Come on, give me a break.

• 1 year later...

I honestly can't keep up with these guys. They've revamped the SliderOne series again (no more SliderOne Pro). So now you've got two SliderOne options with different weight capacities (and a $3-400 price difference at reg. price) + it looks like they've revamped the Motion Box which is now the Head One, and added a HeadOne Plus. 

https://edelkrone.com/products/sliderone-v2

1 hour ago, Ty Harper said:

I honestly can't keep up with these guys. They've revamped the SliderOne series again (no more SliderOne Pro). So now you've got two SliderOne options with different weight capacities (and a $3-400 price difference at reg. price) + it looks like they've revamped the Motion Box which is now the Head One, and added a HeadOne Plus. 

I exchanged the old design for the next one (SliderONE Pro), but I am sure I can't do that again.

All this product separation is a bit unnoying, you always think you have the lesser product.

Consider buying the HeadOne now.

1 hour ago, Ty Harper said:

So the Sliderone V2 has an included motor like the SliderOne Pro. Motion Box is now HeadOne where there Sliderone V2 can also be added to? Damn these guys . :lol: