Bought the Edelkrone SliderONE

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'l most likely be getting one of these too, for the same reason. As a one man band all of the gizmos take too long or too much effort to set up and carry around. My favorite slides are the small subtle ones anyway. At 20 lbs it can carry quite a load if necessary. Can't wait to get mine.

Btw, would you mind posting a few slides and giving us some further thoughts when convenient. One of the things that I notice from much of the test footage is that it's not always smooth. Is it difficult to get a smooth slide with this every time?

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I'l most likely be getting one of these too, for the same reason. As a one man band all of the gizmos take too long or too much effort to set up and carry around. My favorite slides are the small subtle ones anyway. At 20 lbs it can carry quite a load if necessary. Can't wait to get mine.

Btw, would you mind posting a few slides and giving us some further thoughts when convenient. One of the things that I notice from much of the test footage is that it's not always smooth. Is it difficult to get a smooth slide with this every time?

Sure, I can report back after some use.

But so far, the slides are really smooth. The drag is on the edges of the slidee which gives you that slow "rubber band" start and makes you aware of the end. 

Smooth as silk. But we will see if it wares down or something.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to add that my experience with Edelkrone's customer service has been excellent. I purchased their first slider three years ago and recently wrote the company about a problem with the rollers. They said they couldn't send replacement parts as that model has since been discontinued, so they offered to send me the newer version at no cost. I only had to pay $20.00 shipping, and they paid to have my old slider returned by UPS. The new unit arrived at my doorstep in Vietnam in just 5 days.

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Johny said:

I was wondering, how do you transport your tripod with the SliderONE attached? It looks like it would be too wide to fit in most tripod bags.

No problem in the bag I use. Ive always had a wide one just to be able to put in more stuff like a slider, mic stand, etc. 

• Super Members
18 minutes ago, Matthias Scheja said:

Hi, how does it perform with the nx1 and a heavy lense? THX for the review. I subscribed

Its a good match. I use it with the much heavier 1DC and a big L glass. Works just fine.

If you look at the opening slide in this video, its the NX1 with the 16-50 S lens.

It's possible they've decided to not sell their products through other retail channels.   I see their other products are no longer in stock at Adorama.    I've owned one of their Modula shoulder rigs and follow focus(both discontinued) They make high quality products however it would appear they're not afraid of quickly getting out of a market segment.    I just ordered one of their Quickrelease adapters and I'm sure I'll be impressed.    It'll go nicely with my BMMCC rig.   

2 hours ago, blafarm said:

Is this product possibly being redesigned or end-of-life?

I see it is still for sale on Edelkrone's website, but B&H lists it as no longer available.

Just curious.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1205239-REG/edelkrone_so_sliderone.html

Perhaps BH doesn't appreciate Edelkrone selling it for less than the retailers can. Typically this a no no for manufacturers. 

• Super Members
9 minutes ago, timmyturntable said:

Mattias...at the end of your video, what Nikon lens is attached to the NX1 and do you like it?  I have that adapter and am looking for some Nikon lenses to put on the NX1.  Thanks!

Nikkor 35 and 50mm f1.4.

Many say get f1.8 versions but I prefer the f1.4. Lots of character.

• 8 months later...

I've wanted one of these since they came out.

Just checked the edelkrone website, and it looks like they added a motor/timelapse module to work with the sliderONE.

Has anyone checked this out?
https://www.edelkrone.com/us/p/512/sliderone

I've always wanted one, but man, I want one even more now.

That is really really cool.

14 minutes ago, homestar_kevin said:

I've wanted one of these since they came out.

Just checked the edelkrone website, and it looks like they added a motor/timelapse module to work with the sliderONE.

Has anyone checked this out?
https://www.edelkrone.com/us/p/512/sliderone

I've always wanted one, but man, I want one even more now.

That is really really cool.

This entire thread and therefore the original product had passed me by. Glad that it's made a reappearance because I fancy this (with motor).

£535 for the whole unit (from scratch). Does anybody know if that is a reasonable price? Only, I have looked on YouTube and the majority are screaming that it is overpriced.

Yeah, pretty much all the youtube comments on edelkrone stuff is like that. I don't really understand why, but people are just a bit spoiled maybe.

It's the same sentiment for the Wing and some of their other products.

I don't really find them to be overpriced when you consider what they are.

They're unique products with pretty original designs and seem very cool for what they are.

I have seen nothing of the motorized slider one, but I'll be keeping more of an eye out for it now.