Anamorphic type speed booster

JohnBarlow

I am sure many have had their heads turned by the Metabones Speed Booster. Some of the many have wondered if this concept could be adapted to scopes. 

Out of respect for the two forums, rather than paste a link I have reproduced my info below.

It doesn't mean anything but it might mean everything  :P

============================================

JohnBar wrote: Hello Brian 

I completed an inquiry form at your website in connection with an anamorphic interest. 

1 Did you get it? (I can resend if you did'nt) 
2 Am I likely to get a response? 

best 

John

I've been swamped by email lately, and yours may have been lost in the shuffle. Sorry. 

Anamorphic is something we are thinking about, but I can't say anything beyond that right now.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

behind the lens anamorphic is so 1956 or 1968 or 1972 or 76

shiga of japan  did it for technovision as well and joe dunton.
before them the amazing Jan Jacobsen
robert Gottschalk Richard Moore and Takuo Miyagishima
not to mention the russians.
a brain and zemax is all that is needed
a tweak of an existing product that is all.
you don't have to wait for the metabones man build it yourself jb ?

nuffin new really intelgent jiggery and some pokery

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~smort1/lomos/lomos"]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~smort1/lomos/lomos
behind the lens anamorphicals can do the job but pretty bland looking not great character.
you would have to buy a fake streak filter for flares
easy focus sure but a 100 quid crap proskar will still give a better look.
and the money they will charge why bover when you can av a moller

This could be a really good selling product if it were under £1k.  just about everyone who shoots fs100/700 that want 2.35:1 just shoot with normal lenses and throw away 30% of their sensor with a crop.  I imagine this would sell to the guys who want 2.35 without needing the addition of prominent characteristics of a fully fledged anamorphic lens.

they where used on countless films with angenieux and cooke zooms.

for ease only not the look.

the movies still had sets of normal single focal length lens.

with the simple cooke speed panchro taking lens in the back.

big seller at 400 quid not a 1000.

even with the greatest optics man with a beard it ain't gonna be a moller 1.5 or even an iscorama.

the flaws are the thing.

look at vantage they have been working on flawed anamorphic optics for a couple of years giving the 70s look.

spent a cool miillion fiddlin trying to time travel optically.the results still look way to slick.

someone bring out a ccd sensor CAMERA PLEASE.

or help ikonoscope

that is a nice look.

they where used on countless films with angenieux and cooke zooms.

for ease only not the look.

the movies still had sets of normal single focal length lens.

with the simple cooke speed panchro taking lens in the back.

big seller at 400 quid not a 1000.

even with the greatest optics man with a beard it ain't gonna be a moller 1.5 or even an iscorama.

the flaws are the thing.

look at vantage they have been working on flawed anamorphic optics for a couple of years giving the 70s look.

spent a cool miillion fiddlin trying to time travel optically.the results still look way to slick.

someone bring out a ccd sensor CAMERA PLEASE.

or help ikonoscope

that is a nice look.

This little Cinevision 1.5x I have been repairing for a friend is screaming to be used on a 25mm lens on an Ikonoskop.  I can see it is crying for a smaller sensor.  in that instance I think it will be on par sharpness wise with an iscorama on full frame.  it actually looks nicer than the iscorama.  so much more character i find

i have just repaired my yashica scope you lens was made by yashica yashica where a fantastic camera and lens company i have various 35mm film rangefindesr the yashica electro superb optics.

this one i have as well is much sharper than the baby hypergonar without any close up diopters.
don't drop it it will crack and somewhere in the world a japanese man will scream in pain : )

i think the 1.75 look of the baby hypergonar is just about perfect a look though