Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera & Video Assist

JazzBox

Dear all,

I shot mostly on my trusty GH4, but I had the Blackmagic Pocket and I regret having sold it (because of lack of 50p, poor battery life and display).

I saw this short from Noam Kroll and I really like the look of the new Micro Cinema Camera: http://noamkroll.com/micro-a-short-film-shot-on-the-blackmagic-micro-cinema-camera/

They removed the display, but they added the 60p feature and a better battery. I'm sold!

Now I tried to phone to all the italians distributors and shops, but it's impossible to know when Micro Cinema Camera will be shipped and also the Video Assist is impossible to buy here. 

From what I saw on a famous website, the video assist should be the best option for ProRes 1080 50p 

Could you suggest me where to buy at least the Video Assist?
And maybe the Micro Cinema Camera, if you have some magic power ;)?

Thank you!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, JazzBox said:

Maybe you can try here

http://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/blackmagic_bmd-hyperd-avidas5hd_video_assist

or here

http://www.marcotec-shop.de/en/products/cat_611/detail_7390.htm

Sure, where you in Italy, or am I mistaken? If so... I always check http://geizhals.eu for availlability throughout the EU.

From what I've gathered they only get a handful of units in every once and again and Blackmagic doesn't give them any heads-up, it just shows up... (or doesn't). So, best to (pre-)order it somewhere, like CVP, and hope that they'll get some in sometime soon and there's not a whole lot of people in front of you who reserved one...

I was particularly interested in the same combo as well. Were two decent topics on the BMD Video Assist and Micro Cinema Camera around here somewhere. I was wishing some company would come up with something that would allow a little something like this:

yyMGCxV.jpg

As I found this seeming a little awkward to use like that:

sdQYSsL.jpg

There's some signs of life, but I haven't heard or seen anything when it will actually be availlable to go and pick up. I guess it's Blackmagic after all. They've been doing this for some years now though, you'd expect them to have their shit together by now. The button says 'Shipping in February'... but it has said other things before, so who knows...

13 hours ago, JazzBox said:

Thank you!!

The Blackmagic Video Assist is 549,00€ (VAT incl.) from amazon.it.

The Micro Studio Camera 4K is also available in Italy - but the Micro Cinema Camera is not listed yet.

Shooters are doing interesting work with the Micro Studio Camera:

UHD with Shogun

This one is 1080p with the Video Assist:

5 hours ago, brunerww said:

The Blackmagic Video Assist is 549,00€ (VAT incl.) from amazon.it.

The Micro Studio Camera 4K is also available in Italy - but the Micro Cinema Camera is not listed yet.

Shooters are doing interesting work with the Micro Studio Camera:

UHD with Shogun

This one is 1080p with the Video Assist:

Thank you, I saw it, but I call them in the shop for the Video Assist and they haven't really, they are waiting it.

The Micro Studio is available but it is way different from Micro Cinema: it is for broadcast and cannot record internally.