Pistol grip 3-axis gimbal stabilizer

SR

xqErwAs.jpg

Highlights

• Weight appox. 1200g (including battery) / Dimension 370 x 190 x 190mm
  • High pay-load (brushless) motors (Max. motor payload up to 2.2kg) with integrated encoders
  • 32bit Alexmos with Triple-MCU technology
  • Tool-less design
  • Quick-release plate
  • 360° Yaw (no limitation; without having to worry about damaging the cables)
  • 4-way joystick
  • Detachable handle
  • 3 x ¼“ screw holes (one on each side and at bottom of the handle; for mounting other devices, like an external display or a microphone)
  • 5 pre-configured profiles (Follow Mode, Pitch Lock, Full Lock, Follow Roll and Home Move)
  • Auto-Invert-Mode (all profiles can be also used in this condition)
  • Roll axis 180° turnable to mount cameras with flip screen ( :grin: )
  • Integrated 4S Li-Po battery with an operation time up to 26h (14.8V 1800mAh)
  • Integrated Bluetooth module for remote control (RM-01 remote controller is coming soon)

WW http://copter-rc.com/en/catalog/80-pilotfly-h2-3axis-stabilizer-for-dslr-mirrorless-camera.html
EU http://pilotfly.de/epages/777c6180-f31f-4700-a505-78d08d790bfc.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/777c6180-f31f-4700-a505-78d08d790bfc/Products/000007

-15% on pre-orders

https://www.facebook.com/pilotflytech

Testvids: https://www.youtube.com/user/Yanherlin/videos

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Seems pretty impressive to be honest. A couple hundo more than the ds1 may just be worth it. I like the payload increase. The remote will be cool. 26 hour battery life sounds fictional, but miraculous. I like some of the other tricks, like removing the handle, but then how do you power the gimbal? Any other thoughts guys? I might jump in with this. I was purposely holding off on the ds1 for something like this to come up. 

Looks like a heavier, more expensive but better version of the DS1. If you need 2kg then seems like a nice choice. I'd like to see an Fs5 on this - the DS1 can do it but only with a basic pancake style lens.

14 hours ago, Cinegain said:

High pay-load (brushless) motors (Max. motor payload up to 2.2kg) with integrated encoders

32bit Alexmos with Triple-MCU technology

Does that mean no need for a computer to calibrate it?

This looks really nice! Thanks for sharing Cinegain, 

I'v also been looking at gimbals for a while and this seems to tick most of the boxes. I will use it with a GH4 + 12-35mm and native primes so don't really need the ekstra weight and payload but the improvements over the H1+ seems to be worth it. I really like how you can attach the 2-hand handle and make into a Ronin M, sort of. 

Since the shipping is free it will be the same price for me as the DS1 beholder + 200 $ ekstra for the 2-hand handle. 

What does the Beholder have that this doesn't? 

Then there is the Nebula 4200 which I can buy from a Norwegian online retailer with better warranties. But I'm not sure I would want to support Film Power...

Yeah, no, I would not bother with the Nebula either to be honest.

Did see that CAME-TV updated their line accordingly. The Mini 3 is out now and that handle looks almost identical between Pilotfly and CAME-TV...

002.jpg

~ http://www.came-tv.com/camemini-3-3axis-gimbal-camera-32bit-boards-with-encoders-p-810.htmlhttp://www.personal-view.com/deals/stabilizers-steadicams-gimbals/came#came-mini-3-and-mini-3-air-gimbals

The H2 has over that that it's convertible to be a single pistolgrip gimbal. This seems rather Ronin-M style.

Seen good things with the Beholder and Ministurdyflight, but the H2 has the latest and greatest features and sounds and looks very promising. Don't see why it wouldn't be as good or better than the options out there already. I've been following these developments closely since the Nebula 4000. But that seemed like way too much of a hassle. If you don't want to learn to fly a mechanic glidecam, then you probably also don't want to spend a great deal of time, even just a fraction of what a traditional glidecam would cost ya, getting things right with anything. Traditionally, I was with the other Andrew on this:

And sure, you could go handheld with a wide lens and slowmo the shit out of it like so:

But of course you want realtime imagery and you just want it stable and might not want to go wide all the time.

But back to the time consuming point of traditional stabilizers... same goes for electronic handheld gimbal stabilizers. Balancing, messing around with screws, PID settings... ain't nobody got time for that. So at first I felt like... if I'm gonna do this, I'm going to wait for the technology to be actually there to support it. It needs to be idiot proof. It needs to be me-proof. And for the first time, I feel like it might be worth getting one. And the 2-in-1 is just pure genius.

I likey. Shouldn't keep you from considering all your options, but I think this might be it.

The Came 3 looks nice but it's only a 1-headed beast. And it looks heavier, but couldn't find the full specs. The H2 seems like a stripped down Came 3 with almost the same features and it's convertible to a pistolgrip. Seems like the better choice for me. 

I agree that it's not worth it if it's a big hassle to get it right. I get what Drew is saying but I don't agree with him in 2016. You can get way better shots with a 3-axis gimbal with a lot less effort. Besides, when you make an argument like he does please at least try to demonstrate it, don't just say it can be done but I don't bother to show you. 

From the test videos from Pilotfly on the H2 I honestly can't see what they could have done better. It looks stabile when walking and stable with long lenses. Easy and fast to set up, long battery life and supports "everything" in the mirrorless market. 

I also want an idiot proof gimbal that just works so I can worry about getting everything else right. The 2-in-1 is genius! If I'm going to buy a gimbal this year I would like to get it before the summer because I plan to shoot a lot outside, so waiting for others to join the party is not really an option. Would like to see some more reviews though. 

Admittedly, Andrew did try one of the first ones and concluded that, and I'm pharaphrasing, 'ok, this is a thing now and it's kinda decent'.

I went and got one of these glidecam mechanical things from China too to go with the GH2 and Tokina 11-16mm way back when. Quickly gave up and when these electronic pistol grip gimbal stabilizers started to pop-up, I perked my ears... opened my eyes. But I've been waiting forever to reach a certain point I'd felt comfortable getting one. Especially since the earlier ones really showed signs of like a delay on the correction and then correcting in a digital and excessive way, really robotic, not organic. That one video with the Pilotfly H1 then looked really nice and this H2 went up in processing and controlling and as well important: way of set-up. I looks like an OSMO-type device for mirrorless cameras and DSLRs now. Seems like a nicely polished product. Allows you full freedom and flexibility, you can use the tilty-screen of your camera, you can attach a monitor rather easily. It's looking good. I guess the pre-order special price runs until the 21th, so I got a little longer to make up my mind and indeed, hopefully more videos will come out!

Living in a place where you can't easily buy gimbal stabilizers can be a pain. I have an opportunity to buy a DS1 this month, but it won't be enough time for the H2, which looks like it's worth the wait. Especially its ability to switch to two holders. 

2 hours ago, SR said:

Living in a place where you can't easily buy gimbal stabilizers can be a pain. I have an opportunity to buy a DS1 this month, but it won't be enough time for the H2, which looks like it's worth the wait. Especially its ability to switch to two holders. 

Here's your 2-handle holders:

5 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

This guy is a wedding videographer in the countryside in South Korea. He has some interesting tests like this one:

It's off topic but I'm in Korea and was watching his videos, so I was pleasantly surprised to suddenly see his video here.

I like him.
His tests are very methodical.
And that super mellow way of talking that he has.. is hypnotic. 

On March 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Cinegain said:

I think it's mount, balance 'n play

It can be, provided the stock PID's are tuned close to your camera/lens. I don't know if there's any way around making adjustments. I don't have a lot of experience like Dave Dugdale, Cheesycam and other reviewers. But I had a Defy G2 and now the Beholder DS1 and both require some tuning to get perfect. The H2 looks no different, they all use the same technology. The small gimbal motors are so sensitive to weight distribution and getting the balance right, otherwise you'll burn the batteries fast or get the dreaded vibrations.

39 minutes ago, The Chris said:

It can be, provided the stock PID's are tuned close to your camera/lens. I don't know if there's any way around making adjustments. I don't have a lot of experience like Dave Dugdale, Cheesycam and other reviewers. But I had a Defy G2 and now the Beholder DS1 and both require some tuning to get perfect. The H2 looks no different, they all use the same technology. The small gimbal motors are so sensitive to weight distribution and getting the balance right, otherwise you'll burn the batteries fast or get the dreaded vibrations.

What about the Came Single with encoders? Isn't that mount, balance 'n play? Since the H2 has encoders it could be something similar.

On 3/11/2016 at 1:24 PM, Hanriverprod said:

This guy is a wedding videographer in the countryside in South Korea. He has some interesting tests like this one:

It's off topic but I'm in Korea and was watching his videos, so I was pleasantly surprised to suddenly see his video here.

Yeah, the NX1 looks pleasing like canon... vs nightmare-in-post-to-get-to-a-look-like-canon. It's all moving back to saturation and sharpness from what I can see these last few months.

10 hours ago, tellure said:

If you want to see more Pilotfly H2 videos check out Yanher Lin's YouTube channel, he 3 up there now (1 A7R2, 2 GH4), probably more on the way.  My impression is that he runs the Taiwan side of the Pilotfly business.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Yanherlin/videos

Thanks, but I have seen those. Cinegain posted the link in this thread about a week ago. Scroll to the top of the page.