Pistol grip 3-axis gimbal stabilizer

SR

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/16/2016 at 10:56 PM, The Chris said:

"I had that problem upon delivery of mine.

I ran the "Horizon Calibration" sequence on a PERFECTLY LEVEL flat tabletop. I ran it about 6 times to get it to work itself out. Only took about 5-minutes. I turned the DS1 off in between every cycle of the sequence too.

It's been fine ever since (5 months) and that slow turning to either side never came back."

Bookmarked that - encouraging to know that it is fixable

Still cannot get it to stop turning. It is better balanced than every balancing video I have seen (even Owldolly's) but I have given up with it now.

6 hours ago, SR said:

So my spare base plate arrived and it fits my DS1 perfectly! But now I have a new problem, it doesn't start at all. Pressing the button does nothing. No lights, no nothing. Just a terrible experience.

Sorry to hear that. Try recharging the batteries from scratch (overnight) and try again. The batteries that came with my unit look well dodgy with bits of plastic sealant breaking off. My experience, too, has been one long nightmare and I will not be getting the wretched thing out of its case any time soon.

I just sweat thinking about it.

Perhaps in the future I can sell it for parts or something.

21 hours ago, Davey said:

Sorry to hear that. Try recharging the batteries from scratch (overnight) and try again. The batteries that came with my unit look well dodgy with bits of plastic sealant breaking off. My experience, too, has been one long nightmare and I will not be getting the wretched thing out of its case any time soon.

I just sweat thinking about it.

Perhaps in the future I can sell it for parts or something.

I did try with 4 sets of freshly charged batteries (12 batteries in total). No luck. =( I'll probably have to join you in selling it for parts.

On 03.07.2016 at 1:35 PM, Shepard HS said:

Which pistol grip gimbal will perfom best with Blackmagic Micro (+ BM Video Assist + probably Aputure DEC LensRegain and lightweight EF lens)?

On 03.07.2016 at 0:43 AM, tellure said:

Payload is one of the most important things - you need to choose a gimbal that is ideally rated for a fair bit higher weight than your setup.  When you add up the weight of all those components what does it come out to?

It comes to 990 g / 2.2 lb without recorder, 1512 g / 3.3 lb with recorder.

312 g Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

362 g Blackmagic Video Assist

315 g Aputure DEC LensRegain

281 g Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM

080 g LP-E6 Battery Pack

15 hours ago, Shepard HS said:

It comes to 990 g / 2.2 lb without recorder, 1512 g / 3.3 lb with recorder.

312 g Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

362 g Blackmagic Video Assist

315 g Aputure DEC LensRegain

281 g Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM

080 g LP-E6 Battery Pack

990g will be is fine for the Beholder DS1 (1700g payload) or PilotFly H2 (2200g payload).  You could probably get by with the ligher-payload gimbals like the Pilotfly H1+ (1200g), Came-TV Single (1200g) or the newer Z1 Crane 3 (1200g, EOSHD thread here) but since you're close to the payload limit you might have more issues getting it balanced / be using up more battery as the motors work harder.

In terms of running with the recorder at 1512g, the H2 should be able to do it in theory but I've yet to find people running a rig this heavy (I've been asking on the PilotFly Facebook group because I'm considering using my A7R2 with a heavy lens on my H2).  Should be possible but it might take a fair bit of work / time getting it balanced and tuning the PID settings.

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, Humberto Teski said:

Hello people.

I have a question: I want a moza Air BUT the motors are noisy.

Has Pilotfly H2 and Nebula 4000 has this problem too? Are they noisy?

(sorry my english).

Best reggards

Humberto

Why do you want to purchase outdated tech? The Nebula 4000 is just plain awful. Have you looked at the Zhiyun Crane?

On 03/06/2017 at 11:34 AM, Humberto Teski said:

Has anyone tested the pilotfly h2-c45?

I have owned the h1, h1+ and the h2. I have had so many issues with all of them. I never want to see that basecam PID software ever again. I bought a zhiyun crane a couple of weeks back. Have not used it extensively yet but just with a quick balance out of the box on the a7sii 24-70 fe it performed very well.

the h2 c45 looks interesting. But on the FB pilot fly group people are already having issues with it. 

18 minutes ago, Gregormannschaft said:

Hey everyone, quick Zhiyun Crane v2 question. Is there any point in buying from a local vendor? Price from grey market stockists in EU on eBay is about 150 € cheaper than the local shops, and I'm guessing either way I'd have to get in touch with Zhiyun regarding warranty repairs. 

A while ago Zhiyun Tech informed on their Facebook page that they will not honor any service/warranty issues when not bought via the official importers. I'm not actually sure if that stance is even legal in the countries with strong consumer protection laws but it might be unnecessary hassle in any case. So maybe check that beforehand.

15 minutes ago, Phil A said:

A while ago Zhiyun Tech informed on their Facebook page that they will not honor any service/warranty issues when not bought via the official importers. I'm not actually sure if that stance is even legal in the countries with strong consumer protection laws but it might be unnecessary hassle in any case. So maybe check that beforehand.

That's REALLY good to know, thanks Phil. I'm also based in Germany, have you bought the Crane from somewhere you could rec?

15 hours ago, Gregormannschaft said:

That's REALLY good to know, thanks Phil. I'm also based in Germany, have you bought the Crane from somewhere you could rec?

I quickly went to search their FB feed, here's the post from March.

I bought mine via Amazon when they had a sale on it back in November, so it was way before that whole "authorized dealer" mambo jambo. From the stores that have it in Germany, I had good experience with Marcotec in the past, I also think they're an authorized dealer (they had the official Smooth Q pre-order in Germany).

• 3 months later...