Pistol grip 3-axis gimbal stabilizer

SR

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That's with any of these. They aren't 4-axis stabilizers after all (not that the Nebula 4200 looks great, and all the other projects were abandoned). As long as you do the ninja walk and know your gear, you can make it work really well. Especially after some practice and getting to know its behaviour. These are just the initial tests... imagine the results after a while with one of these... :grin:

3 hours ago, Fredrik Lyhne said:

Is it just me or does this look amazing?!

As beautiful and enchanting as Chinese symbols are, I can't read them. Would be great if someone would translate. Footage from this and Dave Dugdale looks great, however, both are using EXTREMELY wide lenses. My guess is that they're somewhere in the 20-27mm 35mm equivalent fov range. Doesn't look bad, but I would love to see more tests around the 35mm fov range. Fredrik, if you're taking requests, that's what I would I would ask for. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

As beautiful and enchanting as Chinese symbols are, I can't read them. Would be great if someone would translate. Footage from this and Dave Dugdale looks great, however, both are using EXTREMELY wide lenses. My guess is that they're somewhere in the 20-27mm 35mm equivalent fov range. Doesn't look bad, but I would love to see more tests around the 35mm fov range. Fredrik, if you're taking requests, that's what I would I would ask for. Thanks in advance. 

I learn a lot on this forum so it would be nice to return the favour if I can! Check out this video with A6300 + 35mm. Also check out his channel and Pilotfly's channel for more footage. I guess for walking the wider the better, but for everything else it looks promising!

3 hours ago, jase said:

Looks good, but stil you got those slight vertical bounces (watch the fence at 1:27)

What Cinegain said. That's also a quite extreme situation and I don't think it would be that noticable if the fence wasn't there. I'm not sure, but I think you would need a large rig on rails (don't know what it's called) or a steadycam and west to get that shot perfect.

For size and prize I can't think of anything to match all the features of the H2. Can you? 

51 minutes ago, Fredrik Lyhne said:

I learn a lot on this forum so it would be nice return the favour if I can! Check out this video with A6300 + 35mm. Also check out his channel and Pilotfly's channel for more footage. I guess for walking the wider the better, but for everything else it looks promising!

So, to my knowledge the a6300 has a crop factor of around 1.5, making that 35mm lens more like a 50mm fov. So while encouraging that a little motion with a longer lens is possible, it would be great to see what a fov of 35mm looks like. So something like a 20-24mm on that camera would be great. 

I hope I am not sounding demanding. If you don't have a combo like that don't worry about it, but I see myself hoping to shoot with a fov somewhere between 30-35mm, and it would be great to know how easy this is with this gimbal. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Jonesy Jones said:

So, to my knowledge the a6300 has a crop factor of around 1.5, making that 35mm lens more like a 50mm fov. So while encouraging that a little motion with a longer lens is possible, it would be great to see what a fov of 35mm looks like. So something like a 20-24mm on that camera would be great. 

I hope I am not sounding demanding. If you don't have a combo like that don't worry about it, but I see myself hoping to shoot with a fov somewhere between 30-35mm, and it would be great to know how easy this is with this gimbal. Thanks again. 

I'm sure some other reviewers will make that happen before I get my hands on it. Anyways I will let you know when I have it and make any test you want. I'm interested to see how it works too, so it won't be a hassle at all. Good for me to get feedback on the footage as well. I use a GH4 and have native m43 lenses from 12mm to 100mm.

Lot's of fov and mm in your post... :) If I understand correctly you want to see footage shot in 30-35mm fov (full frame), meaning 15mm - 17mm in m43? I have the 12-35mm zoom and the Pana Leica 15mm, 25mm 42,5mm and will test them all. 

44 minutes ago, Fredrik Lyhne said:

Lot's of fov and mm in your post... :) If I understand correctly you want to see footage shot in 30-35mm fov (full frame), meaning 15mm - 17mm in m43? I have the 12-35mm zoom and the Pana Leica 15mm, 25mm 42,5mm and will test them all. 

Yep. Exactly. Thanks man. That'll be very useful. Sometimes it's more useful to see tests by folks that can answer questions. But I'll check out the other reviews too for sure. 

On 19/03/2016 at 0:42 PM, Fredrik Lyhne said:

@ThomHaig In Dave Dugdales review he states that it's not working with the GH4 and 12-35mm. He did review a pre-production model though. Might work with the G7. 

Send OwlDolly an email ask what they recommend. Personally I would get the DS1 between the two models as a lot of people says it's great. I haven't researched the MS1. I opted for Pilotfly H2 myself, which is about the same size as DS1, even though I'm using a GH4 with native lenses. 

Thanks for the info, Fredrik.

I found an MS1 pretty cheap. The G7 + 12-35mm comes within it's weight limit, so hopefully ought to do the job.I think the main practical difference is that it might not function in inverted mode. I'll give it ago and post how I get along here. The weight limit being what it is, I'll be limited almost exclusively to micro 4/3 lenses since they're so compact.

16 hours ago, jase said:

more than one? Would you mind sharing? :)

I got it from ebay,just looked to share the link, but it looks like the listing has either expired or they're sold out. I'm UK based, and the MS1's were being sold in Belgium, so no import tax. They also took VAT off when you provide a registered VAT number, which I was able to do. With the VAT removed, it came to £360. Here's hoping it does the job when it comes through!

32 minutes ago, jase said:

After watching a couple of reviews of both the Pilotfly H2 and Beholder M/DS1 - what is it exactly that makes the H2 better other than the increased payload? Am i missing sth?

I'd been struggling with that. Supposedly the H2 has longer battery life, but even that can vary dramatically. Battery is in-built, which kills the deal for me, especially since I need spare when I'm in the field. I decided to go with the DS1 this week. So far consistently good reviews.

19 hours ago, jase said:

After watching a couple of reviews of both the Pilotfly H2 and Beholder M/DS1 - what is it exactly that makes the H2 better other than the increased payload? Am i missing sth?

I'm not sure there's is a massive difference. Other than battery life and payload, the H2 has encoders. For me the H2 was just a little bit more expensive due to free shipping and expensive shipping on the DS1 (to Norway). The H2 just seems a little bit more refined with all the right features (for me), but maybe the biggest reason I ordered one was the optional 2-hand handle. The DS1 seems like a great option though.

I guess we know more when Dave Dugdales' review is out, or any one else for that matter. Shipping started yesterday so we will have more answers soon...

The new models are coming so fast since the Nebula 4000, so my advice would be too not buy unless you feel the price and features are right (obviously!). 

Also the H2 is for DSLR's so there's probably gonna be a smaller (cheaper?) version within the next 6 months... who knows!

On 3/20/2016 at 11:08 PM, jase said:

Looks good, but stil you got those slight vertical bounces (watch the fence at 1:27)

A 3 axis gimbal will not stabilize the vertical axis.  You can try to walk more level which isn't too hard to do compared to trying to stabilize the pitch or roll axis by hand.  But if you're looking for a slider on rails effect, it'll probably never look as good as a shot done on a slider/rails/dolly.

2 hours ago, Fredrik Lyhne said:

I'm not sure there's is a massive difference. Other than battery life and payload, the H2 has encoders. For me the H2 was just a little bit more expensive due to free shipping and expensive shipping on the DS1 (to Norway). The H2 just seems a little bit more refined with all the right features (for me), but maybe the biggest reason I ordered one was the optional 2-hand handle. The DS1 seems like a great option though.

I guess we know more when Dave Dugdales' review is out, or any one else for that matter. Shipping started yesterday so we will have more answers soon...

The new models are coming so fast since the Nebula 4000, so my advice would be too not buy unless you feel the price and features are right (obviously!). 

Also the H2 is for DSLR's so there's probably gonna be a smaller (cheaper?) version within the next 6 months... who knows!

where did you buy it from, that ships to Europe ? Am also trying to get one, either the DS1 or the H2..