Color correction and grading lessons

JazzBox

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, richg101 said:

This stands out to me as one of the best tutorials.  what he shows in this video provides the basis for just about anything else you;d want to do as far as grading is concerned.  

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Cinegain said:

I've found this very useful when I stumbled upon it one time...

He's got his info from Alexis van Hurkman, author of the Color Correction Handbook and the Color Correction Look Book: http://www.amazon.com/Alexis-Van-Hurkman/e/B001IODHRA/ .

Thanks!!

Thank you guys!

I'm searching some lessons to learn how to achieve "cinematic" look without scarifying the skin tones.
Things like this shot from Mission Impossible.
I ask you, because each and every time I try to make the white wall "teal" also the rest of the shot become bluish, even if I "preserv" the skin tones with masks etc...
I tried LUTs, looks... everything... but the only way I can make it work is actually having not white wall :)

Schermata 2016-02-07 alle 16.11.09.jpg

On 2/7/2016 at 9:07 AM, JazzBox said:

Schermata 2016-02-07 alle 16.11.09.jpg

the free LUT I got from iwltbap gave an effect kind of like this, couldn't remember which one it was before. didn't mess with it too much, but it was a shot with a lot of snow, and all the snow turned kind of teal. and something like skin gets a definite strong orangeish bias. might be what you'd like. don't think my footage was flat enough for me to enjoy it. changing white to that color is a very stylistic approach, not surprising it'd be tough trying to achieve