Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

17 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

Yes you can shoot in S-Log and get a contrast/saturated LCD?/EVF, but from my experience on the a7sii the feature is useless as it's simply impossible to set desired exposure due to the rec709 limited DR which makes you underexpose to avoid clipping. View in S-log better. But yes the feature exists.

Good to know !

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Still keeping my order, not encouraged by the RS numbers, but I love the 4k image so far and haven't seen anything too bad yet. IBIS really helps to mitigate RS with the A7rII compared to the A7s. But I'm not sure I want a camera with worse RS than the A7s, the handheld jello is hard to keep in check at times, even with stabilized lenses.

Hmmm...

• Administrators

Corpse like.

2 hours ago, Swiss said:

So that means handheld shots will have that crazy Jello effect ? 

No it depends how you move it. Just hand-holding it steady won't be enough to hurt the image. Throwing the camera around like in a Greengrass movie wouldn't work, but most other stuff would and don't forget you can fix rolling shutter easily in post most of the time, although it does involve a bit of a crop.

OIS on the lens helps too. Plenty of Canon lenses with this via the metabones adapter. Not quite so many nice Sony lenses with OIS.

Like every 8 bit Sony camera the skin tones are great for gritty stuff but useless for beauty/glamour imo. I'll stick to their 10 bit stuff where it's possible to wrestle the skin tones the right way or canon. Shame because this looked like a winner on paper. 

8 minutes ago, Jpr said:

Like every 8 bit Sony camera the skin tones are great for gritty stuff but useless for beauty/glamour imo. I'll stick to their 10 bit stuff where it's possible to wrestle the skin tones the right way or canon. Shame because this looked like a winner on paper. 

interested on the results after grading. Canon and Samsung seem to have the most pleasing skin tones so far.

14 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Corpse like.

Of course it looks corps like. Would have been the same with every camera. The shot was “exposed” for the background and then Yuryev steps in (in full shade).
Not to best condition to test skin tones. If you want to see some less corps like skin (and not use masks) you will have to blow the sky.
Still not perfect but looks a little healthier.

56deed884617a_outside_the_scope.jpg.cd8b