Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't know if there's aliasing with this video from imaging resource that is shot at 30p.... But what stand out really well it's the totally absence of aliasing at 25p, nothing less that ideal line.... I'm watching files with my 4k tv

If I scale down to 1080p the results are gorgeus but a bit of aliasing it's always visibile even using different scaler like lanczos, area, bucubic etc etc..

Just now, Jpr said:

Am I the only one seeing a fair bit of moire and aliasing? Maybe its the resolution im viewing it at..

There was a bit at 4k, but you know, youtube. I would be shocked if there was none in the railings in between the garages though, I wonder if the garage door is present in the origional.

3 hours ago, DayRaven said:

There was a bit at 4k, but you know, youtube. I would be shocked if there was none in the railings in between the garages though, I wonder if the garage door is present in the origional.

youtube 4k footage on 1080p = moire on all cameras. watching the 1080p on  a 1080p will be alot less moire.

On 6/3/2016 at 4:34 AM, markr041 said:

In the sky in the second clip that is "graded" clip there is an absolutely horrible band of colored noise in the sky (upper left). I got the same result when I used the official Sony REC709 LUT from Sony Catalyst (which automatically recognizes the clip as S log 3). This is totally unacceptable.

The clip on vimeo shows that the clip on vimeo shows some banding. More interesting is, that your own grade with the original footage showed the same banding.

Can you you share a screenshot of the histogram or waveform monitor when this is happening as I really like to see how you were able to do that. I too am able to get banding, but only when I let the waves on the waveform monitor leave the assigned space within the diagram.

"Samsung NX1 does not use a crop of the sensor – it pixel bins from the full area of the chip, although it does have a bit of aliasing and moire"

You get aliasing and moire from line skipping, not pixel binning. Those are two distinct ways of reading out a sensor. :)

5 hours ago, Jpr said:

Am I the only one seeing a fair bit of moire and aliasing? Maybe its the resolution im viewing it at..

What are you guys watching these clips on? I'm watching on a 4k monitor and the only moire in that clip is a tiny bit in the fence on the left between the buildings that's behind the palm trees and the big rock. The door is clean. And I'm not seeing any aliasing at all.

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 9.15.32 AM copy.jpg

For those that don't have a 4k monitor and keep talking about all the aliasing and moire, here are a few screen caps from youtube and vimeo, feel free to view them at full rez.

http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/xchrisjoy/a6300%20frames/story

3 minutes ago, jagnje said:

does anyone know if it`s possible to shoot in a log profile and have the display set to rec.709?

Directly in-camera I don't think so. But if you use an external monitor like those by SmallHD you can load a LUT and display a Rec.709 version of what you are shooting.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I doubt many use 29.97p as a ''creative'' option but it's VERY VERY important for every other video production than films, all broadcast, TV, shows, episodics, news, documentaries are shot & delivered in 29.97p in a large portion of the world. 30p is pretty damn important for a LOT. 

For creativity? not so much. I only shoot 30p when shooting beauty shots/Streets/Landscapes for conforming to 24p. It's a beautiful effect, not quite slowmotion and not quite realtime. I don't think there are many of me though that do this. 

37 minutes ago, jagnje said:

does anyone know if it`s possible to shoot in a log profile and have the display set to rec.709?

Yes you can shoot in S-Log and get a contrast/saturated LCD?/EVF, but from my experience on the a7sii the feature is useless as it's simply impossible to set desired exposure due to the rec709 limited DR which makes you underexpose to avoid clipping. View in S-log better. But yes the feature exists.