Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Havent seen anything that points to that. 

Nikon Motion has been proven to make fake videos. They did it before, will be doing again. It's just one guy from a third world country posting clips and claiming they are from certain cameras only to get youtube views and ad pays.

40 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Any links? Im not disputing you guys (I actually don't care one way or the other), its just that I get curious and would love some evidence :)

He usually has videos way before release date, the videos left and right are from the same camera, he makes one long take, splits it up, one goes left, one goes right, some minor curve to make it look a little bit different, that's it. See for yourself ;)

[edit] I checked his channel, he changes Picture Style between takes ^^, so sharpness and color is slightly different :) 

The framing between shots is 100% the same, on every shot :) That's the easiest way to track a guy trying to bullshitting you (we even had an example in this forum)

• Super Members

Getting before release date doesnt mean anything. But the other stuff is bad I guess.

All though, Sony did the same in their demo of the ax100. Thet used the same shot saying it was both their HD and 4K camcorders. The AX100 fanboys went so crazy when it was pointed out that it was comical :)

10 minutes ago, araucaria said:

He usually has videos way before release date, the videos left and right are from the same camera, he makes one long take, splits it up, one goes left, one goes right, some minor curve to make it look a little bit different, that's it. See for yourself ;)

The framing between shots is 100% the same, on every shot :) That's the easiest way to track a guy trying to bullshitting you (we even had an example in this forum)

yeah good on ya!... now that asshat will learn some lols.. i dont believe anyone unless they have the camera in their hands then show the darn thing off as you would !

1 hour ago, Jpr said:

Wow..I was deadset on the a6300 as my b and c cam, but that g7. For £350 used, can pick up 2 and change for the price of an a6300 here.

What is your main cam? The eBay Panasonic store has the G7 at a good price when in stock @ £349 and warranty.

31 minutes ago, red said:

What is your main cam? The eBay Panasonic store has the G7 at a good price when in stock @ £349 and warranty.

We use an fs5 and fs7 as primary cameras depending on job. Sold the a7rii as photos weren't a priority anymore and we feel it wasn't worth it just for the 4K video. 

A7sii would be the best choice of course but we only have around 1800 to invest and need 2 smaller cameras . 2 a6300 just fit but then again for 650  I can have 2 g7 and keep the rest for a holiday. Just depends How they match in post.

Thanks for an insight into your equipment. Matching in post may prove to be your biggest headache. Might be worthwhile downloading samples online and putting in post with your Sony footage.

I am still sitting on the fence. I was recently editing my D750 footage and the colours were very good and required no colour correction. I am worried about jumping to the A6300 and losing out on the out of the box colours and also the DOF I can get with my 24-70 and 85.

3 hours ago, red said:

Thanks for an insight into your equipment. Matching in post may prove to be your biggest headache. Might be worthwhile downloading samples online and putting in post with your Sony footage.

I am still sitting on the fence. I was recently editing my D750 footage and the colours were very good and required no colour correction. I am worried about jumping to the A6300 and losing out on the out of the box colours and also the DOF I can get with my 24-70 and 85.

DOF difference is one stop when going from FF to crop - you can always get it back with a focal reducer.

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Once again Panasonic proves how they're keeping the upper hand over Sony by providing better value!

Well the stills are shit on the G7 compared to the 24mp Sony sensor and the G7 lacks PADF, as an overall camera the a6300 is still much better. It also goes above 6400.