Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Some good news for us E-Mount owners, DPReview's Rishi Sanyal says (in a comment!) that the new Sigma MC-11 adapter allows Sigma lenses to function natively on the A7R2 in terms of auto-focus, including phase-detect AF in video!

http://***URL removed***/news/7911235445/cp-2016-sony-stand-report-and-g-master-action?comment=7786652921

"Given our recent finding that Sigma's new adapter can confer full AF functionality to a Sigma lens attached to an a7R II, including continuous Eye AF, Lock-on AF, and phase-detect AF in video, I'm having a hard time understanding why Sony can't do it with their own lenses on their own adapter on their own camera!"

Hopefully this will be true of all the E-Mount cameras it supports (which currently includes the A6000, so the A6300 seems likely).

Here's the current lens compatbility list for launch.  According to a video they released updates will be coming and the adapter has a USB port for firmware updates.  I'm hoping they add some more of their APS-C lenses.. I'd love to use the Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS HSM on the A6300.

SigmaMC-11.jpg.3ce5d32955a6389911e75476c

Video explaining in layman's terms how it works (sounds like instead of converting E-mount signals to EF / SA-mount it overrides the firmware on the lens to use E-Mount directly. "Now the lens is no longer using its original firmware.  Instead it uses the MC-11's control application."

59 minutes ago, tellure said:

Video explaining in layman's terms how it works (sounds like instead of converting E-mount signals to EF / SA-mount it overrides the firmware on the lens to use E-Mount directly. "Now the lens is no longer using its original firmware.  Instead it uses the MC-11's control application."

That would also explain why they say it is only compatible with the listed Sigma lenses and not all EF lenses.

13 hours ago, DaveAltizer said:

"Sony Colors" is what I have always said too. Then I started using these cameras and going into the white balance shift and pulled some of the "greenish blue" out of the image and now I have been very satisfied with the colors. Especially when using an external recorder to get ProRes out of it. 

(...)

Interesting... I understand you set this in-camera?

- do you first set the color temperature and then the color shift or the other way round?

- may I ask which setting you use? Something like 0, M2?

8 hours ago, Blue Fox said:

Interesting... I understand you set this in-camera?

- do you first set the color temperature and then the color shift or the other way round?

- may I ask which setting you use? Something like 0, M2?

i know you didn't ask me but iam also a sony shooter and i've found shooting at -1 magenta and +2 to orange makes the image very apealing and nice to work with. 

• Super Members
8 hours ago, Swiss said:

Just played with some SLOG-3 footage from the a7sii that i downloaded. It sure doesn't react like bmd film but it grades really not bad. I like it and 4k is so crisp on my 5k imac. 1080p now looks like 480p lol

Yes, but you cant use Slog-3 without extreme, and I mean extreme banding in flat surfaces like walls and the sky. A shame when S-log3 is so nice.

Still a great camera with slog2 though. No need to mention the lowligt.

Im returning mine but imagine myself getting one when they go cheap on the used market.

13 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Yes, but you cant use Slog-3 without extreme, and I mean extreme banding in flat surfaces like walls and the sky. A shame when S-log3 is so nice.

Still a great camera with slog2 though. No need to mention the lowligt.

Im returning mine but imagine myself getting one when they go cheap on the used market.

Didn't think about the banding. Now this gonna be a problem. No bueno

9 hours ago, Alborat said:

Cinema5D posted a mini review: https://***URL not allowed***/sony-a6300-review-real-world-video-first-impressions/

Edit: now there are tons of review out there!

Yup, apparently 'the embargo just broke and plenty of reviewers published their Sony A6300 (p)reviews' @ http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/new-sony-a6300-reviews-cinema5d-cameralabs-engadget-dan-watson/

I had to kinda giggle when I read 'Coming from someone who’s used to the higher-end A7R II or A7S II models, the A6300 feels like an upgrade'. :grin:

I do have to say... things aren't looking so bad at all! Excited for it!