Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Is that lens bundled with the FS5 any good? If you get the FS5 with kitlens that would be the 18-105mm PZ G OSS. Probably more for doc type schtuff, but still, if they bundle it with the FS5... I imagine it can't be terrible for video. It's surprisingly affordable.

It is my favourite run and gun E mount lens!

• Super Members
2 hours ago, xenogears said:

My big concerns with any Sony camera is the overheating and the LCD screen protector than tend to degraded on some cameras.

Have never had a Sony LCD go bad. Then again, havent kept a camera for very long either.

The rx10ii and a7sii doesnt overheat. So there is hope.

7 hours ago, xenogears said:

My big concerns with any Sony camera is the overheating and the LCD screen protector than tend to degraded on some cameras.

Mine this:

4 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Have never had a Sony LCD go bad. Then again, havent kept a camera for very long either.

The rx10ii and a7sii doesnt overheat. So there is hope.

Nor a7RII with the new firmware or am I wrong on that one?

• Super Members

Problem with those tests is for example when the BMPC4K was new.

It of course has a Global Shutter but on the screen its rolling. So YouTube was full of NAB videos that said it had Jello. The recorded image was perfectly straight.

So we wont know for sure untill we have actual footage.

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, freiheit said:

yes I wished that jello stuff only happen at display but not with recorded footage, I really wished it too...

well let's wait till Mar. 11th, and pile of a6300 badged footage from Japan will be on everywhere. :)

Yup, this year the cherry blossom wave on youtube will be s35 4k.

On February 3, 2016 at 10:10 AM, araucaria said:

It has sony colors, I will stick to my eos rebel t1.

"Sony Colors" is what I have always said too. Then I started using these cameras and going into the white balance shift and pulled some of the "greenish blue" out of the image and now I have been very satisfied with the colors. Especially when using an external recorder to get ProRes out of it. 

I did a grade with the a6300 footage online and it turned out pretty good. I hate that most all the sony footage online is so washed out and blueish. I wanted to try to get something warm and saturated. Was really pleased with the results. 

Why do people hate sony colors,skin tones ? Is S-LOG3 really not as good as BMDfilm ? 

I really wanna get the a6300 when it comes out to replace my bmpcc. I wish blackmagic would put out a small and affordable camera with 4k and high frame rates but it looks like it's not happening soon so switching to sony is really tempting right now. Plus that super auto focus might be very helpful, especially when shooting on a gimbal.

I just hope grading and skin tones rendition aren't that bad with sony cameras because right now i really like whats coming out of my bmpcc but i just need 4k and higher frame rates it's about time now. 

• Super Members
3 minutes ago, Swiss said:

Why do people hate sony colors,skin tones ? Is S-LOG3 really not as good as BMDfilm ? 

No, its not even close.

Blackmagic will never release a non Raw shooting camera. So a small 4K with HFR could be tough to pull of.

But why do you say "looks like its not happening soon"?

NAB is just roughly a month away and that's when they announce cameras.