Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

I don't see the touchscreen as an important feature.

If I'm shooting with a Gymbal I can't use it anyway, other than that I'm using manual focus lenses, so for focusing purpose doesn't help either.

After I assign a couple of options to the F keys, I'm good to go.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, Swiss said:

I'm thinking about switching from my bmpcc to the a6300 for 4k, slow mo and low light. I have a question about adapters. If i use my sigma 18-35 nikon mount and my sigma 10-20 nikon mout with a speedbooster nikon to sony e like this one for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focal-Reducer-Speed-Booster-Adapter-Nikon-F-mount-G-AF-S-lens-to-Sony-NEX-A6000-/151657409349?hash=item234f7c6b45:g:XMQAAOSw-jhT~tOR Will it vignette on wide side with both of my lenses ? Thanks

Those are both apsc lenses so I dont think it would make much sense to get a focal reducer/speed booster. It would definitely vignette at the wide end.  You just need a regular smart adapter.

15 minutes ago, araucaria said:

Bumbumbummer... It says that 1080p 120fps is cropped (he says 2x crop) as well as 4k 30fps

I wonder if he means 2x crop of full frame or 2x crop of apsc.  The former would be mft size. The latter would be 16mm size.  I think he meant the latter.

Good for a free zoom I suppose.

40 minutes ago, MattH said:

Those are both apsc lenses so I dont think it would make much sense to get a focal reducer/speed booster. It would definitely vignette at the wide end.  You just need a regular smart adapter.

I wonder if he means 2x crop of full frame or 2x crop of apsc.  The former would be mft size. The latter would be 16mm size.  I think he meant the latter.

Good for a free zoom I suppose.

Since he said that the 4k 30fps is also a "twoish"crop, my gues it's around 2,35x from fullframe (similar to gh4 4k)

16 minutes ago, Flaaandeeers said:

Just sold my GH4 and 14-140 in order to get a Nikon D750 (was considering NX1 for a while but price is too steep for a discontinued system).

Looking for a bigger sensor and better usable DR & low light.

Now I'm debating if i should wait for this sucker instead.

I'd get the D750 if I were you, by summer's end, the a6300 will be selling for around $600. If the reviews are good you may be able to have both. 

1 minute ago, mercer said:

I'd get the D750 if I were you, by summer's end, the a6300 will be selling for around $600. If the reviews are good you may be able to have both. 

I don't think so. The A6000 for instance, except for very short periods never had a significant decrease price wise. Who has been lucky had saved about 100 bucks.

$400 less for a new product like the A6300, even after an half a year in the market is not realistic.

1 minute ago, dsp_418 said:

I don't think so. The A6000 for instance, except for very short periods never had a significant decrease price wise. Who has been lucky had saved about 100 bucks.

$400 less for a new product like the A6300, even after an half a year in the market is not realistic.

I picked up the a5100 body refurbed for 250 bucks six months after release. 

1 minute ago, dsp_418 said:

Oh ok, yes refurbished makes sense. 250 for the a5100 was a good deal! :)

Yeah, sorry I should have been more clear with my original comment. And yeah it was a great price. I ended up selling it a couple months ago after I got the G7, but it's a fun little camera.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
Just now, araucaria said:

And this is how it probably looked, underexposed face, noise and mess from slog 8bit encode in shadows = color problems (very evident all around the chin.

That's why I am not a fan of heavy Log profiles like S-Log/V-Log in 8bit 4:2:0 50/100mbps codecs. Careful frame-to-frame analysis of the corrected footage shows arefacts (banding, macroblocking, noise, colour blotches) and prefer lighter Log profiles like Canon's/Nikon's.

For most uses and most viewers the artefacts are not visible though and S-Log is working just fine in 8bit on YT/web and gets that wide luma DR. So I have more of an issue with the colour rendition chosen by the manufacturer. 

Just now, Flaaandeeers said:

Just sold my GH4 and 14-140 in order to get a Nikon D750 (was considering NX1 for a while but price is too steep for a discontinued system).

Looking for a bigger sensor and better usable DR & low light.

Now I'm debating if i should wait for this sucker instead.

I'd get the D750 and shoot something now. It's a famous stills camera so selling it for an A6400/A7s later will be a one-hour deal. 

• Administrators

So to recap on the all important crops...

24p = no crop Super 35mm 4K (1.5x crop vs full frame)
30p = 2.3x crop 4K
120p = 2.3x crop 1080p

Looks like the Samsung NX1 has an ace card here.

But I am sure the A6300 will have the dynamic range advantage... and proper LOG profile.

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

30p = 2.3x crop 4K
120p = 2.3x crop 1080p

But I am sure the A6300 will have the dynamic range advantage... and proper LOG profile.

I imagine using maybe a speed booster 0.64x bmcc version on a M4/3 to E-mount adaptor ring will make that 120p 2.3x crop an advantage.

• Super Members

6 hours ago, dsp_418 said:

A brand new a6000 is 60-70% of its original price today. Like all Sonys, if I want an a6300 I will pay 70% just a few weeks after release.

Either way, I would get the D750 or a Blackmagic.

The a6300 is a camera I would never buy without testing. Sony has lost my trust completly when it comes to shiny spec sheets.

Might be a killer camera but I wont risk it untill I know.

6 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

30p = 2.3x crop 4K
120p = 2.3x crop 1080p

What about 25fps?

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

A brand new a6000 is 60-70% of its original price today. Like all Sonys, if I want an a6300 I will pay 70% just a few weeks after release.

[...]

Not really.

A6000 is now $498 on Amazon. What was it back in 2014? $649?

It took more than a few weeks to get to this price and is about %77 of the original price.

Other Sonys may follow a worst scenario. A7s is barely 12% less than the original price after all this time.