Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Any recommendations for good wide-angle and low-light zoom lenses for this great APS-C Sony? The G-Masters are far too expensive for me... I quite liked my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 on my old Canon...

Tokina 11-16 2.8, 11-20 f2.8 I've got both. You'd have to get an adapter of course. The pull click to manual focus thing sucks, and theres a bit of barrel distortion, but IMHO there's nothing else as fast as sharp.  

Also the sony 10-18 get very good reviews and less barrel distortion.

And make all their lenses obsolete?  I can't see that happening.  It would be nice just to have a multi aspect sensor like the GH2 with no crop for 4k.  That would be a 1.8/1.9 crop and still alow their lenses to be used.   There would still be pleanty of options to entice:  Global shutter, 10 bit all I internal/ raw.

If GH5 did transition over to a S35 sensor. It would be great if they can do an mft mode where the sensor crops to mft, to utilize mft lenses. Then you'd have use of both systems MFT and S35. Then mft lenses won't become obsolete, cool idea if this happened.

Don't expect a S35 or exotic sensors in the GH5 - probably will be the 20mp sensor from the GX8 and Olympus Pen F. They are with the hands tied by Sony - Panasonic was not developing sensors from a long time, just recently they started again (read it somewhere). The organic sensors are still in the future too, I guess. PDAF is probably out, too - looks like that Panasonic bets all in the DFD technology.

The only way to improve the low light perfomance with the current tech is to go the BSI way; but Sony is holding the technology for their cameras - their clients are not receiving BSI sensors, only the Sony cameras. Samsung is the only other sensor manufacturer that makes a large BSI sensor (in the NX1), but looks like that they are out of the game (a GH5 with a Samsung BSI sensor would be great).

The A6300 might be a low light monster - if the BSI tech in its sensor is the same from the A7RII, the pixel pitch of the sensor will be even greater than the A7RII.

Sony quote 13-15 stops for all their recent cameras so that's nothing new. I would expect it to perform similarly to the A7R II in its Super 35mm crop mode.

What I like about the A6300 is more the promising new AF tracking system and the amount it packs in for a price.

New low(ish) budget king!

It tops the NX1 with 16-50mm S lens for about $1500?

Panasonic are forever playing catch up on specs as they can't compete on a level playing field with the smaller sensor.

GH5 should start the transition to Super 35mm.

apsc gh5 wouldn't make sense to me. the gh4 was also the first of that kind of camera to have 4k, and it's still the cheapest way to get 10-bit, if I'm not mistaken. the 96fps 1080p slowmo was pretty revolutionary at the time too. that's not really playing catch up. even low light when speed boosted is still pretty impressive, as you know. and it's the best for anamorphic too. others still need to catch up to panasonic

If GH5 did transition over to a S35 sensor. It would be great if they can do an mft mode where the sensor crops to mft, to utilize mft lenses. Then you'd have use of both systems MFT and S35. Then mft lenses won't become obsolete, cool idea if this happened.

I certainly wouldn't complain.

Anyone that's complaining about what they can get in a camera for 1K these days is ridiculous.  You. Are. Not. Limited.  The technology that's at your fingertips is more than enough to do whatever you could imagine.  Go use it.  

If it works for you great. No reason to be insulting just because some of us dare to point out flaws from our perspective. It doesn't have weather sealing, a variangle screen, nor ibis. Those things matter to me- there's nothing ridiculous about that complaint. It also has what I consider to be a shitty lens lineup when it comes to lenses that are both stabilized and able to take full advantage of the autofocus. I could probably do without the weather sealing, screen, and ibis. Not sure I can tolerate the lens lineup though.

If you want to take advantage of the amazing autofocus it's a disappointing lens lineup. As far as the camera- no weather sealing, no ibis, and no variangle screen. 

It is weather sealed !! and the lcd screen movements are good enough. The lenses have stabilization, depending on which you buy. The biggest downside is removing the touch autofocus which was on the a5100

As a hybrid camera, it's great to see that the A6300 is shooting 14-bit raw photos.

The GH4 produces 12-bit Raw Photos; so too does the GX8 with the 20 MP IBIS sensor.

The A6000 was something like an 11 + 7 bit... The A6300 certainly promises to be a better photography camera.

I'm thinking that the photography aspect of the A6300 makes for an "A" photography camera and a "B" video camera that is Full-Frame capable for me. Honestly, I didn't expect Sony to push for the whole sensor readout! I'm impressed.

It might be in the D750 range for performance with the copper readout system and 14-bit depth photos? Not ISO performance, but DR performance and color up to around 6400 ISO.

Unfortunately for Panasonic, the 20 MP Sony sensor in the GX8 has less Dynamic Range than the GH4 sensor... There may be a need to go with an APSC sensor just based on this performance gap; not to mention the photo bit-depth not being on par with typical consumer camera systems. Notice how Panasonic never mentions the photo bit-depth on the specifications of their cameras. After owning 3 GH4s, I'm quite disappointed at the cost to performance ratio of that camera platform. However, it did produce great Dynamic Range and wonderful colors and it certainly was able to fire off numerous photos effortlessly.

Anyway, I've yet to own a Sony camera. I've been buying into Canon, Panasonic, and Blackmagic cameras since 2009, when I first started buying cameras. Say, thanks for the heads up on the S-Log color performance issues. I hope Sony respects how important that is and how limiting this can be; especially in 8-bit.

It is weather sealed !! and the lcd screen movements are good enough. The lenses have stabilization, depending on which you buy. The biggest downside is removing the touch autofocus which was on the a5100

My apologies. DP Review says it doesn't have "true" weather sealing. "While the progress in technology is impressive, lack of true weather sealing, a touchscreen, or direct AF point selection with a dedicated joystick or control will continue to be problematic for some." But even if it does, which APS e mount lenses are there which are weather sealed and can take advantage of it?

I see a number of comments on DP Review saying it's not weather sealed. You might want to go and correct them.

Sounds great, but I bet it'll be a wibbly-wobbly rolling-shutter extravaganza- it's reading out, what 20% more pixels than the A7rII does in crop mode? Which is already incredibly jiggly. This cam is also even smaller and a third the price of the A7rII, so I would think cooling and cheaper processors will be big obstacles in getting the RS down. I really hope I'm wrong though! I'd love to grab two of these, with Speedboosters, for the same price as an A7rII.