Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Still wondering how Sony can justify the price disparity between US and Europe, though.

I'd like to know the official explanation for that gap in price...making a dollar/euro conversion and adding VAT the price would be 1100€, not 1250€ as Sony decided to apply. The european price make the camera less appealing for me.

I don't feel like opening a new topic for this:

Have you seen the price tag on the new G master lenses? The size is also pretty gigantic, when the jap was holding the a7rii with these in front I had to laugh very hard, what's the point? They will have to release an E mount camera with a DSLR formfactor to make that somehow ergonomic.

"March 2016 shipment for the 24-70mm FEGM (€2,400) and 85mmFEGM (€2,000)."

2,400€ for a 24-70 2.8, wololoooo

• Administrators

If it's a "me too" product at Photokina it's dead on arrival. We have IBIS, 4K, 120p, etc ... if they want to get going they'll need stuff like internal 10bit 422 4k or RAW, 240fps, quite better high ISO... I see the micro43 as a problem until the new organic sensors come in a few yeats.

Panasonic are forever playing catch up on specs as they can't compete on a level playing field with the smaller sensor.

GH5 should start the transition to Super 35mm.

Otherwise it will have to be seriously impressive to lure us away from Sony (raw, ProRes, 10bit, 120fps 4K) or to maintain any kind of uniqueness.

I'm curious about the uncompressed HDMI out 4K. Anyone know if it's 8bit 422 or 10bit 422? I have the Atomos assassin, so this is an awesome combo.

If low light sensitivity is comparable to the A7S. This can surely be on my to buy list, over a second hand A7S.

More info and testing please! ?

I'm curious about the uncompressed HDMI out 4K. Anyone know if it's 8bit 422 or 10bit 422? I have the Atomos assassin, so this is an awesome combo.

If low light sensitivity is comparable to the A7S. This can surely be on my to buy list, over a second hand A7S.

More info and testing please! ?

It's 8 bit. That's what bugged me about the A7Sii. If it would've had 10 bit output for SLog3 I would own it right now.

Panasonic are forever playing catch up on specs as they can't compete on a level playing field with the smaller sensor.

GH5 should start the transition to Super 35mm.

Otherwise it will have to be seriously impressive to lure us away from Sony (raw, ProRes, 10bit, 120fps 4K) or to maintain any kind of uniqueness.

And make all their lenses obsolete?  I can't see that happening.  It would be nice just to have a multi aspect sensor like the GH2 with no crop for 4k.  That would be a 1.8/1.9 crop and still alow their lenses to be used.   There would still be pleanty of options to entice:  Global shutter, 10 bit all I internal/ raw.

Here's a question.  How will the GH5 remain competitive?

Advantages:
Better battery
Better UI
Better articulating screen

Must haves:
Significantly better low light performance than the GH4.  ISO12800 has to be as clean as A7RII ISO51200.
120p FHD

I'd pay $1100 for it.  $1200 would be pushing it now that the a6300 is out, unless I was heavily invested into the mft lenses already I'd be willing to pay a bit more.  And maybe a bit more for ProRes.  I really doubt that we'd see that though.

And make all their lenses obsolete?  I can't see that happening.  It would be nice just to have a multi aspect sensor like the GH2 with no crop for 4k.  That would be a 1.8/1.9 crop and still alow their lenses to be used.   There would still be pleanty of options to entice:  Global shutter, 10 bit all I internal/ raw.

The JVC GY-LS300 kind of way doesn't seem so bad.

About battery life... I gotta say, I really like the following! I usually have a Xiaomi powerbank with me anyways.

Power supply via USB

Camera operation can be powered via USB connection to a PC or mobile battery. This conserves the camera battery, extending the length of time that the camera can be used before the battery is depleted. When the camera is turned off, the battery can be charged via the same connection.

Does anybody understand what the following means?

Clean HDMI output

This function supports 4K and Full HD16, and allows uncompressed movie to be output to an external recorder or monitor. The image can also be recorded in the camera17 even while signals are output using this function.

16 Pixels to be read are limited to the sensor area that is required for Full HD movies

17Image will not be displayed on the camera’s LCD screen during 4K movie recording

What image? The uncompressed movie?? I suppose not, right? Just kinda sounds that way, though. :)

The JVC GY-LS300 kind of way doesn't seem so bad.

About battery life... I gotta say, I really like the following! I usually have a Xiaomi powerbank with me anyways.

Does anybody understand what the following means?

What image? The uncompressed movie?? I suppose not, right? Just kinda sounds that way, though. :)

It means that you can operate the camera powered from the USB port.

By image they are referring to the video recording. It means that you can run a signal out through the HDMI to an external device and record to internal memory at the same time. Not all cameras can do this.