Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

Andrew, thanks for the heads-up.  Sony has been very busy as of late.  I'm a very amateur GH-4 user with a couple of lenses for birds and insects.  What would, in your opinion, a GH-5 have to have to at least meet these new Sony specs and the $1000 price tag.  It's going to be a challenge for Pana but I don't want to bale on them until I at least see what the GH-5 has.  Thoughts?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If it overheats it is totally useless for event/weddings unless you rig it up to external recorder, might as well get a7rii/a7sii with IBIS (Just got myself A7RII and Zeiss 24-70mm combo for $2800, minus the lens so A7RII is around $2100 which is the same price as A6300 + Ninja Assassin)

Where? Here the cheapest offer I found for A7r II is like 3500$ equivalent. 

If it overheats it is totally useless for event/weddings unless you rig it up to external recorder, might as well get a7rii/a7sii with IBIS (Just got myself A7RII and Zeiss 24-70mm combo for $2800, minus the lens so A7RII is around $2100 which is the same price as A6300 + Ninja Assassin)

People shooting events/weddings are probably not going to be using a mass consumer camera (at least I hope note, if they are actually pros and not amateur posers)

Remember, this camera is essentially Sony's Rebel.

What would, in your opinion, a GH-5 have to have to at least meet these new Sony specs and the $1000 price tag.  It's going to be a challenge for Pana but I don't want to bale on them until I at least see what the GH-5 has.  Thoughts?

4K 60fps and/or 10bit internal, and that alone would "kill" the A6300 in the eyes of many people in favor of the GH5!! (of course there would still be many people who would hold out and prefer the A6300 of course, everything is all very subjective in the end as to which is more important than another factor or not)

I somehow doubt the GH5 will however...  but could be the GH6 would! A bit like the GH2 => GH3 => GH4 progression.

I feel the GH2 to GH3 was more like a half step forward, but GH3 to GH4 was a GIANT LEAP!

So GH4 => GH5 might just might be a consolidation and refinement stage, before they make another GIANT LEAP to the GH6? (organic sensor at last for the GH6?)

People shooting events/weddings are probably not going to be using a mass consumer camera (at least I hope note, if they are actually pros and not amateur posers)

Man, I been to so many of them, some of them do use camcorder or even bridge camera for events even on this day.  (NZHerald our national newspaper for example uses sony camcorder for their videos, though it got 1" sensor)

• Super Members

You think the D750 will do better?

The D750 has a wider DR than the earlier A-models in my experience and they also claimed +13 stops if Im not misstaken.

So I would be very surprised if it did better than the D750. And pretty surprised if it was equal.

But if it is 14 usable, beating both the d750, bmcc and Red.. Then my hat is of.

Still not a camera for me though. Atleast not a B-cam.

Man, I been to so many of them, some of them do use camcorder or even bridge camera for events even on this day.  (NZHerald our national newspaper for example uses sony camcorder for their videos, though it got 1" sensor)

Oh heeeeeeyyyy, another kiwi!! :-D :-D Where do you live? I'm in central (CENTRAL!) auckland.

Feeling like I've been living in a sauna lately.

They'll probably use something worse. Ok, It's not very often, but I've seen a lot of Panasonic Fz 220 in the recent past.

Ah no ibis.  This camera doesn't have everything.  But to be honest, it will never replace a need for a gimbal.  I highly recommend anyone to get one.  Words like Ibis or rolling shutter will never be a concern after that.

You still want IBIS even when using a gimbal. I've seen test videos showing the difference, and it's noticeable. You even want IBIS and lens IS going with a gimbal - that is even noticeably better than IBIS-only or lens iS-only.

4K 60fps and/or 10bit internal, and that alone would "kill" the A6300 in the eyes of many people in favor of the GH5!! (of course there would still be many people who would hold out and prefer the A6300 of course, everything is all very subjective in the end as to which is more important than another factor or not)

I somehow doubt the GH5 will however...  but could be the GH6 would! A bit like the GH2 => GH3 => GH4 progression.

I feel the GH2 to GH3 was more like a half step forward, but GH3 to GH4 was a GIANT LEAP!

So GH4 => GH5 might just might be a consolidation and refinement stage, before they make another GIANT LEAP to the GH6? (organic sensor at last for the GH6?)

Idk, I think the gh5 might be big. I assume it will include VLog and I wouldn't be surprised to see 4K 60p or some other wild, dream spec that nobody expected... Maybe even 1080p Raw. 

Idk, I think the gh5 might be big. I assume it will include VLog and I wouldn't be surprised to see 4K 60p or some other wild, dream spec that nobody expected... Maybe even 1080p Raw. 

If it's a "me too" product at Photokina it's dead on arrival. We have IBIS, 4K, 120p, etc ... if they want to get going they'll need stuff like internal 10bit 422 4k or RAW, 240fps, quite better high ISO... I see the micro43 as a problem until the new organic sensors come in a few yeats.

If it's a "me too" product at Photokina it's dead on arrival. We have IBIS, 4K, 120p, etc ... if they want to get going they'll need stuff like internal 10bit 422 4k or RAW, 240fps, quite better high ISO... I see the micro43 as a problem until the new organic sensors come in a few yeats.

120fps is only at FHD, if Panasonic had 4K 60fps that would be a *HUGE* leap over the competition!!! By far and by far. As Panasonic would be *FIRST* to give us affordable 4K slow motion :-D

120fps is only at FHD, if Panasonic had 4K 60fps that would be a *HUGE* leap over the competition!!! By far and by far. As Panasonic would be *FIRST* to give us affordable 4K slow motion :-D

I know. I meant 240fps 1080p in a high bitrate. 4k 60p like the 1DxII would also be neat.