Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 8.6.2017 at 8:42 PM, sandro said:

I forgot, if the NX500 doesn't have the same NR on video above 1600 is it then better in low light?

Grain is super fine on the NX500 on higher than 1600 ISO specially in 4k and 1440p.

But above 3200 ISO there so much grain noise that its unusable image specially because the grain is white so its impossible to remove with noise reduction tools.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, cojocaru27 said:

LawDude, can you share with us the setting for the autofocus and what gymbal did you use? thx

The gimbal I used in the hallway shot is the Beholder DS-1.  It's quick to balance.  I used the Samsung 30mm f2.0 at 2.0 for that shot.  Autofocus was on tracking, and face tracking.  It locks fast, and holds.  Inside the classroom, I used a tripod dolly and 12 feet of track I picked up on ebay for about $200.  I used the 50-150 S lens at about 85mm and f.2.8.  It produces a nice shallow depth of field.  I was getting good colors with the Auto White Balance, so I used that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/8/2017 at 0:00 PM, kinoseed said:

I wonder if we'll see samsung cameras in a few years again...

"Samsung heir sentenced to 5 years in prison for corruption charges"
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/25/c_136554962.htm

Hi Kino, In relation to this I think it changes little if the heir of Samsung is in prison.
The data is clear, Samsung's strategy to focus their employees on commercial products and smartphones has proved to be a great success.

http://www.bgr.in/news/samsung-records-85-percent-jump-in-profit-in-q2-2017/
I just hope that Samsung (also for a prestigious issue) continues to shoot professional cameras with NX2 release, also because Red has decided to enter smathphone market with Red Hydrogen damaging the Samsung Galaxy market , So I hope that Samsung to discourage Red (which has 100% sales of professional video cameras) is to produce professional cameras and camcorders, for professionals, invading Red's market.
These are just my considerations, but the only certainty I have is that if Samsung comes out of a new professional camera, whoever has a Samsung camera will definitely run to buy it.

Can't agree with you here...

We have several established corporations with full line of products (cameras), and they intentionally produce market segmentation, to protect their "top line" of products, which results into moderately priced products, which are very feature-cut.
Samsung does not have to challenge them in the top-line and going against RED is again a huge investment into something they don't have a foothold.
Producing several moderately priced, but feature rich products can steal a huge market-share, and make quite good profits, which can be foothold into the camera and camcorder business for them.

And that guy won't be controlling the business from his jail-cell :)  ... so I guess we'll have to see what the board of directors or the CEO will decide.

by the way, it's not Samsung-related, but it's something you may find interesting: https://kinoseed.com/

Samsung cameras are quite popular in Europe so I have no idea why they really exited, I fear that it really was because that #%("?¤=% president decided to merge the camera division with the smartphone division, lately smartphone cameras from Samsung have suffered because of this and it seems to have been a floppy strategy.

Perhaps they will reenter the camera section again, believe it or not, its not very fun to just scrap an entire product line like this for no real good reasons, there were millions going into that camera division and it was far from unsuccessful. 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, SMGJohn said:

Samsung cameras are quite popular in Europe so I have no idea why they really exited, I fear that it really was because that #%("?¤=% president decided to merge the camera division with the smartphone division, lately smartphone cameras from Samsung have suffered because of this and it seems to have been a floppy strategy.

Perhaps they will reenter the camera section again, believe it or not, its not very fun to just scrap an entire product line like this for no real good reasons, there were millions going into that camera division and it was far from unsuccessful. 

Seeing that they had DPAF in their cell phones a year later, my guess is that it was part of the agreement they made with Canon - "If you give us an exclusive license for your AF technology in our cell phones then we will stop competing with you in your business". Since cell phones are a lot more valuable to Samsung than their cameras were, such an arrangement would have made business sense to them.