Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hold your hats ladies and gentlemen, not so fast, the Samsung camera department is not dead yet, with the latest scandals at Samsung there been words that Samsung is once again putting focus on their mirrorless cameras.

And also it was the son of head of Samsung groups that decided to lay off the cameras and move the team to focus on smartphone stuff, it clearly has not worked and one of their wonderful smartphones caught fire, a lot of people do not realise either but Samsung never had a proper camera department until they actually bought Pentax tech and people say that their smartphone department made great strides in sensor technology is simply not true, it was a two way cooperation between the camera department and the smartphone department.
There still hopes for NX2

5 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Hold your hats ladies and gentlemen, not so fast, the Samsung camera department is not dead yet, with the latest scandals at Samsung there been words that Samsung is once again putting focus on their mirrorless cameras.

And also it was the son of head of Samsung groups that decided to lay off the cameras and move the team to focus on smartphone stuff, it clearly has not worked and one of their wonderful smartphones caught fire, a lot of people do not realise either but Samsung never had a proper camera department until they actually bought Pentax tech and people say that their smartphone department made great strides in sensor technology is simply not true, it was a two way cooperation between the camera department and the smartphone department.
There still hopes for NX2

Your word in God's ear ...

That would be too beautiful!

1 hour ago, neosushi said:

Could we have the sources of this information please ? :) - not a big fan of rumors

Never stated it was a fact, like I said there been words, I am just repeating what I have heard as for the rest its just a short history of Samsung camera department you can find that anywhere, you might not be familiar with it but Samsung and Pentax actually collaborated for a short period of time while the Pentax rebrand cameras Samsung made were bloody terrible imao they still learned a lot and that is mostly were their sensor tech comes from, you can still find traces of it in NX1 and NX500 even today.

Never stated it was a fact, like I said there been words, I am just repeating what I have heard as for the rest its just a short history of Samsung camera department you can find that anywhere, you might not be familiar with it but Samsung and Pentax actually collaborated for a short period of time while the Pentax rebrand cameras Samsung made were bloody terrible imao they still learned a lot and that is mostly were their sensor tech comes from, you can still find traces of it in NX1 and NX500 even today.

The rumor mill keeps turning.

I call BS as well.

8 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

" there been words that Samsung is once again putting focus on their mirrorless cameras."

Thanks for your answer SMGJohn. I understand that it is not a fact, but I would like to know if you could give your source for the "words". If its a rumor I am still interested in the source of the rumor is all.

"I am just repeating what I have heard" - so I am just asking : where have you heard :) ? 

Thanks !

On 10.03.2017 at 6:09 AM, mnewxcv said:

well, I decided to sell the nx500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Samsung-NX-NX500-28-2-MP-4K-Digital-Camera-16-50mm-OIS-Lens-PLUS-EXTRAS-/172568933631?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

It has been a great cam this past year, but the lack of mic input bugs the crap out of me, so I will be moving on to something else (g7, a6300, nx1). 

You will no longer continue working on the hack for NX500-NX300?

It was the only hope to get control over the NX300 with android.....:anguished: Sorry for my bad English.

On 16.3.2017 at 9:28 PM, kidzrevil said:

@Juxx989 false hope and uncomfirmed rumors is why I hate forums sometimes man lol. NX2 aint happening & I doubt camera stores will even buy it after Samsungs silent pull out of the camera market. 

Even after the Note battery failure from Samsung they still made more profit than last year, Samsung did not sell cameras poorly in fact they sold quite well since they disappeared from the stores here quite quickly, the stores that did stock the few of them disappeared quickly, camera enthusiasts wont buy them but the regular people buy them, why? Because a lot of people own or have owned Samsung smartphone and they know that Samsung is a brand that they can trust. 
Its all about the brand name, and people still buy Samsung smartphones even today. 

To make matters worse for other manufacturers, Samsung made cheap interchangeable cameras which made them extremely popular in Asia specially the NXx000 line as being compact but could still accept a range of lenses. 

The entire DSLR and mirrorless market is having a hard time selling their cameras as well, fewer people are buying cameras these days because smartphones have so good quality they can match DSLR's from 2007 - 2008, so you loose all the average people who used to buy cameras and you are left with enthusiasts hence why cameras started to cost even more now. 

Samsung will make more cameras, its all about flexing their muscles, Sony makes cameras and Sony is major competitor to Samsung, for Samsung to not make cameras would be a form of weakness, just saying. Why would they make fridges and TV's? They could just make weapons and make plenty from that.

Even after the Note battery failure from Samsung they still made more profit than last year, Samsung did not sell cameras poorly in fact they sold quite well since they disappeared from the stores here quite quickly, the stores that did stock the few of them disappeared quickly, camera enthusiasts wont buy them but the regular people buy them, why? Because a lot of people own or have owned Samsung smartphone and they know that Samsung is a brand that they can trust. 
Its all about the brand name, and people still buy Samsung smartphones even today. 

To make matters worse for other manufacturers, Samsung made cheap interchangeable cameras which made them extremely popular in Asia specially the NXx000 line as being compact but could still accept a range of lenses. 

The entire DSLR and mirrorless market is having a hard time selling their cameras as well, fewer people are buying cameras these days because smartphones have so good quality they can match DSLR's from 2007 - 2008, so you loose all the average people who used to buy cameras and you are left with enthusiasts hence why cameras started to cost even more now. 

Samsung will make more cameras, its all about flexing their muscles, Sony makes cameras and Sony is major competitor to Samsung, for Samsung to not make cameras would be a form of weakness, just saying. Why would they make fridges and TV's? They could just make weapons and make plenty from that.

After abandoning the NX community just after releasing two news cameras (NX1 & NX500) and pro lenses, I don't see anyone in their right mind investing any of their money again if Samsung ever had the idea of coming back to take more of our money. Camera market is not a market where you can just come and go. Reputation is (almost) everything. Samsung were given the benefit of the doubt but most professionnals did not switch from their Canons or Nikons to Samsung because of their lack of history in the PRO camera business. Mark my words - which are just my analysis and don't come from anywhere else - if Samsung ever comes back to the camera industry (which I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY EVER WILL) it would be a total economic failure. Because no one will trust them again - especially people who will own by then GHx and Sony A7R x cameras-.

3 hours ago, neosushi said:

After abandoning the NX community just after releasing two news cameras (NX1 & NX500) and pro lenses, I don't see anyone in their right mind investing any of their money again if Samsung ever had the idea of coming back to take more of our money. Camera market is not a market where you can just come and go. Reputation is (almost) everything. Samsung were given the benefit of the doubt but most professionnals did not switch from their Canons or Nikons to Samsung because of their lack of history in the PRO camera business. Mark my words - which are just my analysis and don't come from anywhere else - if Samsung ever comes back to the camera industry (which I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY EVER WILL) it would be a total economic failure. Because no one will trust them again - especially people who will own by then GHx and Sony A7R x cameras-.

I certainly wouldn't buy another piece of Samsung gear idc how crazy the specs are. They have completely lost my trust

3 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

I certainly wouldn't buy another piece of Samsung gear idc how crazy the specs are. They have completely lost my trust

Yeah Samsung really left a bad taste in my mouth but I still love my nx1. Sort of a love/hate relationship. Still trying to master the camera.  

This is a bit selfish but I would like to see samsung come back and produce more nx lenses haha.