Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 hours ago, Daniel Galli said:

and you use it on your everyday workflow? 
you record with some settings to get max information?

You can convert to Prores with it yeah.

I use GammaDR with these settings for maximum dynamic range.
R1.00 G0.95 B1.00 | 0 Sat | -10 Sharp | -10 Contr | 0 Hue | 16-235 or 15-255

I was playing around with settings on NX1:

I noticed I could set colorspace to Galaxy:

[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm setusr 48 3145730
UserData is set
[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm getusr 48        
UserData is COLORSPACE_GALAXY (0x300002)

Whatever that is, the other ones were SRGB and AdobeRGB

-----------------------

I could use the iZoom feature:

[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm getusr 67
UserData is IZOOM_X1 (0x430000)

There were multiple zoom factors, it zooms on the LCD screen but the photos don't show it and it didn't work with video, maybe with some settings it could work.

------------------------

I could set the burst rate to 30fps.

[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm setusr 10 655360
UserData is set
[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm getusr 10       
UserData is BURSTRATE_RATE30FPS (0xa0000)

It shoots with burst but I don't think the camera did 30fps, sounded like 15fps.

The burst setting seems to be for a different mode that's not on the left dial.

[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm setusr 9 0x90005
UserData is set
[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm getusr 9
UserData is DRIVE_BURST (0x90005)

[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm setusr 10 0xa0000
UserData is set
[root@drime5 ~]# st cap capdtm getusr 10        
UserData is BURSTRATE_RATE30FPS (0xa0000)

It's possible to set the Drive to Burst (Conti High is the 15fps mode) but when takin a photo the camera always wants to use the one selected from the dial. So whatever mode is put (even the ones on the dial) it uses the one on the dial.

@Blah Blah marco is asking for a similar to NX500's crop for NX1, so to have two different focal lengths with one lens, is the iZoom function similar?

Also, there are 2 things that would be great,

1) JVC LS300 has a "prime zoom" function(for 1080p). I am not 100% sure, but what it does, is that it takes a 4K signal, and when you zoom, in reality it crops, so you can have a perfectly fine small zoom function, out of a prime lens (that works with zoom as well).

2) GH5 has a nice focus pulling app in build, a bit similar with the one we have for the NX, but it is really a killer feat for video focus pulling. Can we achieve similar GH5 functinality (and ease of use?).

To my understanding (reading posts by kinoseed, ottok, vasile) I don't think that's possible.

I-Zoom is a digital zoom that's available on some lenses, but it seems to work for JPEG for at least the lense I tried that doesn't support it. I now found out that it isn't supposed to work on video so I don't think it will be of any use. On JPEGs it goes from 1x to 2x.

14 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Sometimes I do not get Samsung, they make the most perfect mirrorless APS-C camera that still trolls competition even today, and yet makes exploding phones and expensive lack cluster high end stuff including stupid Wifi fridges. 

Seems like their strength lies in Cameras and not wifi fridges

Or, rather, the average leading cameras are so "behind" in pure technology, that a tech giant like samsung made wonders at its first serious attempt. Only after more than 2 years, the new top end products are keeping up in some fields (like the CPU in the new Olympus and Pana), while still being way behind in sensor tech.

16 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Yea I think those ratings are flawed

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Canon--EOS-1D-X-Mark-II-versus-Samsung-NX1___1071_976

Dont get me wrong I really like cameradecisions.com its great but I wouldn't trust their ratings especially their overall rating. dxo mark is a similar story. I don't trust the ratings they give but the site is great for going into the details and comparing cameras at each ISO for example.

Hello everyone, these days I started working in a new project for the construction of an smart adapter, by accident I discovered that the NX1 offers 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi wireless networking connectivity compatible with IEEE 802.11b/g/n, as well as the faster 802.11ac standard which has enough bandwidth to stream 4K video wirelessly over 500Mbit/s.
Can anyone verify this?

6 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Hello everyone, these days I started working in a new project for the construction of an smart adapter, by accident I discovered that the NX1 offers 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi wireless networking connectivity compatible with IEEE 802.11b/g/n, as well as the faster 802.11ac standard which has enough bandwidth to stream 4K video wirelessly over 500Mbit/s.
Can anyone verify this?

Is it not easier to get the camera to just dump 500mbit/s video files to an external harddrive via the USB 3.0 port? 

36 minutes ago, SMGJohn said:

Is it not easier to get the camera to just dump 500mbit/s video files to an external harddrive via the USB 3.0 port? 

I think so too, but I've never heard of 500Mbit / s with external recorder.

I have provided only official information, this can be useful to OttoK or Kino for Hack development.

There might be a flaw in the system which limits the data output from HDMI port but no impediments on wifi.
I think that on this point it is worth investigating.