Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 24 ottobre 2016 at 2:06 AM, SMGJohn said:

You sure the monitor locks in 1080p on the NX500? Because I have had no issues with ext monitors when I tested them on my NX500 but I cannot remember the brand names. 
Ninja2 only does 1080p30, got to use Atomos to shoot 4k with the NX500 external

When you connect a HDMI socket to nx 500 is set as movie size to 1920x1080

On 10/22/2016 at 8:42 PM, kinoseed said:

here you go:

v2.79
added: Custom overlay
- start from ( settings> overlay ). It loads your own custom overlay from the root directory of the sdcard ( sdcard/overlay.png ). Once activated the touchscreen will not work, and histogram will be "frozen" until you deactivate it ( reminder: Ev+Ev/Ok to start the menu for nx500/nx1)

note that the preview of the playback will not work, however press "ok" for the video playback to start, and the recorded video with the overlay on top will show.

you can make any overlay you like, as 720x480 transparent PNG  (replace the overlay.png with it)

Amazing. Thank you so much. 

6 hours ago, /Chop N Shoot Films/ said:

Amazing. Thank you so much. 

There have been some updates after that version.

3x3 Grid (thick lines): with camera-ui not freezing (turn on/off from the menu)
note: overlay.png is still available as an option, just add your file and it will work (but the rest of the ui will freeze until you unload), if you want to use the non-freezing 3x3, simply remove the overlay.png from your sdcard.

2.35 filmgate: with camera-ui not freezing ( turn on/off with EV+OK)
note: if you are on NX1 you need to sacrifice another shortcut to use this one,
and simply rename EV_OK.sh to the one you like to use, before installing.
note2: it is possible to adjust the filmgate, just add the desired proportion as a parameter,
but you need to modify the bash command.
ex (for 16/9): /opt/usr/nx-ks/onscreen_235 1.77 

Luca's adapter it's  interesting.  But the prospect of working with a wireless gadget it's not.  I just wished he worked on  a smart adapter that enables us to change  aperture (only) on EF lenses (no autofocus, no IS as those are less important for video) ,  changing iris trough the camera (or adapter itself)  it's crucial for nx1 future use.   THAT is the most important thing to videomakers.   

1 hour ago, SMGJohn said:

@lucabutera 

Is it more expensive and complex to make the conversion board fit inside the mount or was it just made so that it is easier to adapt to the dumb mount? 

both, I'm practical man, not daydream, what I did is already available today. all other projects take a long time, and Samsung nx1 / 500 needs adapters today. a speed booster adapter and an adapter Aputure are very effective for those who need it and reduce the gap with the competition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 9:13 AM, Otto K said:

No, ML  HDR mode works by two successive exposures at two different ISOs. We don't have that option here. 

It's been a while since I looked at ML, but if memory serves, they were doing parallel readout of different ISOs, something which I think ALEXA is also doing.
So instead of blending two frames, they are reading the sensor at two different ISOs by having different amplification for different row-readouts. Something like - read the odd sensor rows at iso100 and read the even rows at iso1600.

Not that this changes the answer... which is No,
but they do have access to hardware control, which far supersedes the availability here.

Actually ML had two kinds of HDR. 

The older one called HDR video was recording whole frames at different exposures. One frame at iso 100, the other at 1600, for example.

Then came Dual ISO mode (if I remember correctly it was only for raw video). This mode recorded every line of pixels at different iso values, like Kinoseed wrote. 

But if talking about the first way, which is HDR video, wouldn't it be possible to write a script that would change the shutter speed or iso for every frame? 

On 11/22/2016 at 0:30 PM, ReinisK said:

Actually ML had two kinds of HDR. 

The older one called HDR video was recording whole frames at different exposures. One frame at iso 100, the other at 1600, for example.

Then came Dual ISO mode (if I remember correctly it was only for raw video). This mode recorded every line of pixels at different iso values, like Kinoseed wrote. 

But if talking about the first way, which is HDR video, wouldn't it be possible to write a script that would change the shutter speed or iso for every frame? 

since we don't actually set iso per frame, a command for iso change will have to be executed at least 50 times a second, to get 25 two-frame iso...
frankly i doubt we can get the timing right, even if the commands are executed fast enough, which is doubtful
Is such footage useful in reality?
I guess you gen use something like Fusion to blend both frames... if the objects are not moving fast.