Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, cojocaru27 said:

that's good news @Luca , long expected but finally arrived.

What is going on with the adapter? my nikon lenses can't wait to here from you :)

Hi Cojocaru, I'm currently testing another positioning of the lens near to the sensor. that allows me to gain a few millimeters to distance to the camera lens.
The first tests are very encouraging and I hope to have the lens pre-series ready for August.

3 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Hi Cojocaru, I'm currently testing another positioning of the lens near to the sensor. that allows me to gain a few millimeters to distance to the camera lens.
The first tests are very encouraging and I hope to have the lens pre-series ready for August.

is it going to support AF as well? is it even possible to have a sort of speed booster adapter for nikon lenses with auto focus? thx a lot and count me regardless the AF.

do you know anyone you could team up with to make some of these and sell them, Luca? I understand it's pretty difficult. someone like Richard Gale probably has the skill set at least, probably others on this site have some experience in that. 

also, did you have to completely change the nx mount? you said you had to work on the camera body as well. does glass go into the mount enough to interfere with the shutter maybe? can you say which speedbooster brand you modified for this? just curious

6 hours ago, Liam said:

do you know anyone you could team up with to make some of these and sell them, Luca? I understand it's pretty difficult. someone like Richard Gale probably has the skill set at least, probably others on this site have some experience in that. 

also, did you have to completely change the nx mount? you said you had to work on the camera body as well. does glass go into the mount enough to interfere with the shutter maybe? can you say which speedbooster brand you modified for this? just curious

Liam Have faith, and again a few weeks of patience.
Before selling my NXL adapter, I have to do many tests to be sure that it works best.
As soon as I finish the "pre-series" model in the early days of August, I'll start with pre-orders. 

I don't think we should be worried about the electronic part yet. Let the man do his magic ;) A regular dumb speedbooster with iris control for nikon would be magical at this point. Eventually an electronic adapter will be built on its own and then the two can be fused together later on.

Go luca!! I'm totally on board for buying one.

On 5/24/2016 at 5:57 AM, kinoseed said:

Doubt it.
Sharpening has nothing to do with the debayer, and there was only one such pattern in the kernel that I saw, and if you were right, there would be only 2 settings.
However the most common (and seems here is no difference) is the USM (hence the halos). And yes, even debayer is done in software. ; )
imho to avoid the USM use -10

cheers

I can't imagine using my Nikon mount Samyangs 1.5T Cine lenses with your speedbooster! Finaly great 35mm lens with ultra nice low light performance AND Fullframe like DOF!. The Same for my 85mm. And now I could actually have LESS lenses, because one lens work for two focal distances.

1 hour ago, shanebrutal said:

I don't think we should be worried about the electronic part yet. Let the man do his magic ;) A regular dumb speedbooster with iris control for nikon would be magical at this point. Eventually an electronic adapter will be built on its own and then the two can be fused together later on.

Go luca!! I'm totally on board for buying one.

shane, the intelligent adapter has to be integrated into speedbooster for several reasons. Mainly, distance from sensor and light leaks. 

I'm mainly a stills shooter, and long lenses are lacking for nx. If I wanted to use then manually, I'd already have bought a pentax k 300mm and the dumb adapter which sells since 2010 for nx.

Speedbooster (even the dumb manual one) will be a great step forward for video, but I will prefer an intelligent one 100:1.