Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thank you Lucabutera, I will definitely fund a fundraiser for that adapter, Nikon mount probably the best mount ever invented, its so universal.

It would been cool if some of the people who tried working on an electronic Canon adapter for NX would join in the project if they are still around.

2 minutes ago, SMGJohn said:

Thank you Lucabutera, I will definitely fund a fundraiser for that adapter, Nikon mount probably the best mount ever invented, its so universal.

It would been cool if some of the people who tried working on an electronic Canon adapter for NX would join in the project if they are still around.

Only ihkim worked on this and released all its work. So, if he's not interested anymore, someone else could start from there...

Just now, Marco Tecno said:

Only ihkim worked on this and released all its work. So, if he's not interested anymore, someone else could start from there...

Damn what a shame, I wish Samsung would have made smart adapters, not just would it been profitable but they most likely would have sold more of the NX1's and NX500's

8 hours ago, Liam said:

Lucabutera, stai facendo un intero post su questo SpeedBooster? Posso aspettare, ma ho un sacco di domande ;). È così fico

Hi Liam, Yes, I'm working on it. I need a week to post the work and the first Nx Speed Booster adapter.

8 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Grazie Lucabutera, sicuramente finanziare una raccolta di fondi per la scheda, Nikon monte probabilmente i migliori Mount mai inventato, il suo modo universale.

Sarebbe stato bello se alcune delle persone che hanno provato che lavorano su un adattatore elettronica Canon per NX si sarebbe unito al progetto se sono ancora in giro.

Thanks John, It depends on what you want to achieve and what you are willing to pay. The film makers prefer manual control, this is possible with Nikon mount, this does not mean that you have to use only Nikon lenses, also sigma and many other brands use Nikon mount. You imagine the Samsung Nx1 With speed booster and Sigma 50mm 1.4 DG HSM Art lens...

Another quick test (this is one of the first test) the lens still is not perfectly aligned, and this creates a little blur in the lower part.
Nevertheless, it also corrects distortion, behaving in the opposite way to the way a wide angle.
Also, you can see the brightness gain of 1 stop in dark areas.

room-test.jpg

21 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Another quick test (this is one of the first test) the lens still is not perfectly aligned, and this creates a little blur in the lower part.
Nevertheless, it also corrects distortion, behaving in the opposite way to the way a wide angle.
Also, you can see the brightness gain of 1 stop in dark areas.

room-test.jpg

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to build one for the NX1 ? Dumb adapter, I dont need smart adapters. This is really exciting for me, because I've been wanting it for so long, and never really bought into the idea that it would be impossible.

Amazing how you guys have improved on the original firmware. That made me buy a used NX1 with 16-50 PZ lens through Amazon market place today for 460 €. Too good to be true? I am a little bit anxious whether this is a scam or I got really lucky...

Keep up the good work and thank you for putting so much energy in this project!!!

On 13. 7. 2016 at 0:55 AM, lucabutera said:

Hi Liam, Yes, I'm working on it. I need a week to post the work and the first Nx Speed Booster adapter.

Thanks John, It depends on what you want to achieve and what you are willing to pay. The film makers prefer manual control, this is possible with Nikon mount, this does not mean that you have to use only Nikon lenses, also sigma and many other brands use Nikon mount. You imagine the Samsung Nx1 With speed booster and Sigma 50mm 1.4 DG HSM Art lens...

Luca, do you think that NX speedbooster could be created DIY according your instructions? I mean some kind of paid manual. Or is too complicated? I mean that all existing adapters from different mounts are actually same because of NX mount (same diameter of "hole" where you put the glass element) so there should be no difference if you create speedbooster for Nikon-NX or Canon EF-NX mount? What do you think?

I am thinking about Canon EF-NX or Canon FD-NX speedbooster (old canon f1.2 lenses seems to be quite cheaper than Nikons :-)) ... I am just a curious.

3 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

Luca, pensi che NX SpeedBooster potrebbe essere creato fai da te secondo le tue istruzioni? Insomma una sorta di manuale di pagamento. O è troppo complicato? Voglio dire che tutti gli adattatori esistenti da diversi supporti sono in realtà lo stesso a causa di NX monte (stesso diametro del "buco" in cui si inserisce l'elemento in vetro), quindi non ci dovrebbe essere alcuna differenza se si crea SpeedBooster per Nikon-NX o Canon EF-NX mount ? Cosa ne pensi?

Sto pensando di Canon EF-NX o Canon FD-NX SpeedBooster (vecchie lenti F1.2 Canon sembra essere molto più conveniente che Nikon :-)) ... Io sono solo un curioso.

Hi Pavel, do it yourself you can not do it.
it's complicated. You have to cut crystals and build the adapter body with precision machinery.
The Canon Fd has the "distance of the flanges" minor compared to Nikon, this will surely result in smaller distance between the sensor and speed booster lens.
The lenses with Nikon mounts are economically more advantageous than those with Canon EF mount, the Nikon mount also offer the manual iris control advantage.
Nikon, Sigma, Tamron, Samyang offer a wide variety of lenses with Nikon mount. This is undoubtedly a big plus, and a great start.