Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Yes Marco, it's a speed booster prototype selfmade. It's possible. In the nex time I post my full work on it, and begginning the test on NX1 camera.

Lucabutera.  If you get a "smart" adapter to work on the NX1, put me down for an order.  That's genius!

I always thought that Speedbooster for NX mount should be possible becuase Samyang 12mm NX exists. In theory - it is one lens specialized only to mirrorless system which is be adapted to Sony FE, Fuji, Panasonic, etc. and also to NX mount.  

Difference between mounts is in flange distance. NX flange distance is probably the longest between all mirrorless systems and that was reason why Metabones thought that it is not possible to create speedbooster for NX mount. However Samyang 12mm NX (according my opinion) is proof that it is possible to built optical system wich will work across multiple mirrorless mounts. Why it should not be possible for Speedbooster?

Speedbooster for NX mount would be great... I am keen for more information. I think we can forgot on inteligent adapter but Speedbooster (even manual) would be great!! 

17 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Yes Marco, it's a speed booster prototype selfmade. It's possible. In the nex time I post my full work on it, and begginning the test on NX1 camera.

I have checked the photos and it seems that there is really 50% more of "image" on second photo. Second one is also brighter (there is more light that comes to sensor) with same shutter speed 1/60s (and probably same aperture). Image quality seems to be also good enough.

Fullframe NX1!!!  YES!!!

33 minutes ago, Pavel Mašek said:

I have checked the photos and it seems that there is really 50% more of "image" on second photo. Second one is also brighter (there is more light that comes to sensor) with same shutter speed 1/60s (and probably same aperture). Image quality seems to be also good enough.

Fullframe NX1!!!  YES!!!

Kickstarter anyone ?

26 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Kickstarter anyone ?

Well, I had this idea time ago:

but not many seemed interested. And, for sure, I don't have the competence of building one myself. I know that ihkim was doing something similar, but he disappeared long ago...:

http://www.mydiyworld.net/

and

http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57327923

http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57443528

http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57361842

16 hours ago, LawDude said:

Lucabutera.  If you get a "smart" adapter to work on the NX1, put me down for an order.  That's genius!

Sorry, I do not have electronic knowledge to build smart adapter. But I think that, in the future something like Aputure Dec or similar is possible.

2 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Kickstarter anyone ?

Hi Kidzrevil, first of all, I thank you because you have put together a Samsung camera enthusiasts. I soon, when I'm done with my testing, I will begin a Kickstarter for the construction of the Speed Boster NX. At this time it is premature.

2 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

I would wait on Lucabutera. I guess that he somehow stitched together Nikon-NX adapter with optics from Mitakon Speedbooster or Zhongyi Lensturbo... we will see :-)

Hi Pavel, Sure! I got it from focal reducer lens system on the market, but I could not install it on an existing adapter, if it was that simple, they would have done! I had to build a tool for finding the correct position of the lens (focal distance flnge), I also had to make changes to the lens and body NX100 camera. My first experiment was only to see if it would work. The second step was to understand if no changes to the body it would work. This is another success, the spaces are tight but it works perfectly. I started the third step now, the SB Adapter construction for Samsung NX1! (Work on Nikon lenses because I can manually adjust the aperture, but I tested it also with M42 lenses, and with bayonet mount).

Before I embark on this adventure, I have asked all the manufacturers of photographic adapters in the world. Metabones he said he was not interested, so I asked what the problem was, but they replied: "No. Unfortunately, it is not possible to fit the optics inside the Samsung NX mount flange distance owing to interference and physical issues".
I later contacted Mitakon but did not respond, so I tried with private constructor, it has tried so many tests, but failed, successively I contacted two other manufacturers of adapters, initially they said they would try, then I have never responded.
So, disheartened, I resigned myself for a long time ...
This, until, was born "Samsung NX Hack" it to rekindled my enthusiasm and so I decided to resume my project and I try with my knowledge of mechanical engineering, and today are well advanced.
No one is interested in producing an adapter for an off-market camera. Only passion and love for the NX system can give us the strength to work on it.
I thank all those who do not abandon this camera and I hope one day we can do a Samsung NX1, 6k Raw, Full Frame with Smart Adapter.

by necessity, born virtues.