Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/1/2016 at 10:24 PM, kidzrevil said:

Maybe im a little slow but I am struggling to understand what I am looking at. Is this showing the max bitrate for each sd card ?

No. It shows maximum recording time with different settings before the camera freezes and the file becomes corrupted.

On 02/07/2016 at 8:58 AM, Parker said:

Vasile's new 'nx on wake' hack is marvelous... Camera behaves exactly the way it does without any hacks, super quick to turn on and off whenever, hacked bitrates are loaded instantaneously since we don't have to wait for Bluetooth to load like we used to (and still do with the KS mod). They've recently added some nice tweaks to the UI as well, give it a shot! 

:-) well, it does exactly what it says on the tin, nothing less, nothing more :-). And yes, this is my objective: make it seamless as much as possible because bluetooth becomes real tedious real quick (well, that's actually a lie, actually my main real purpose is to get my 16-50S but not there yet)...

8 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Installed the vasile hack today. Felt like I was defusing a bomb after reading the instructions but it all went well. Gonna test shoot with it today, this hack is FAST !

Can you test stability with 100/120fps at high bitrate? I had one corrupt frame at 160mbps with KinoSeed a while back

5 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Too bad no Samsung employee will leak the tools they used for NX1, or they probably ended up in concrete somewhere in Tokyo bay

I think you mean the Han river located in Seoul, South Korea ;)

On a related note if you ever do any international business in South Korea or Japan I would highly recommend you don't mix the two up because to each other they are kinda like that neighbor you don't like but are nice to because being rude would just make both your lives a living hell. Kinda like what we Canadian do with the US lol.

3 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

I think you mean the Han river located in Seoul, South Korea ;)

On a related note if you ever do any international business in South Korea or Japan I would highly recommend you don't mix the two up because to each other they are kinda like that neighbor you don't like but are nice to because being rude would just make both your lives a living hell. Kinda like what we Canadian do with the US lol.

I do not even like the Southern part of Korea, I prefer the one where they speak the old tongue. 

Most Japanese I know do not have much of an issue with Koreans, I thing its really blown out of proportion, its like they say, the loudest are oftest heard the most, I really wish they still do the NX2 though. I hope GH5 is APS-C, that be a killer cam! 

Android remote control mod

https://github.com/mewlips/nx-remote-controller-mod

interesting. I'm always watching the nx1 hack pages. Never even heard of this. It has potential but doesn't quite work. I could control the camera but never get an image on my phone.  Looks like it offers more camera control than samsungs. Was this an early test that got abandoned or what? no posts there in last 7 days. It installed and uninstalled without incident.

5 hours ago, chauncy said:

Android remote control mod

https://github.com/mewlips/nx-remote-controller-mod

interesting. I'm always watching the nx1 hack pages. Never even heard of this. It has potential but doesn't quite work. I could control the camera but never get an image on my phone.  Looks like it offers more camera control than samsungs. Was this an early test that got abandoned or what? no posts there in last 7 days. It installed and uninstalled without incident.

I threw the .apk file for this app on my nexus 7 a day or two after that dude first posted about it on github and it worked pretty good! I paired it with my NX500 and had full video control, photo control, etc. For an alpha version, I thought the UI was really pretty slick too, I tried it with both manual and native glass, and I had an image coming onto my tablet from the camera just fine. It was quite laggy though, and definitely had some pretty bizarre colors, but I hope he keeps it up, it could be very useful if he gets it working just a little bit better. 

The more tech-talented enthousiasts that jump on the NX hacking train the better it will be for all of us!