Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 12. 6. 2016 at 11:51 PM, vasile said:

this :-). Have fun.

As on dpreview forum - I would like to thank you very much....  It works great - as without hack - very fast, no delays, BUT with high bitrates... simply wonderful :-)

Any chance you could use different button combination than OK+OK for UI? eg. thash+thash (or even EV+EV as on NX500 could be better). Because when I have performed some changes in menu I have accidentally evoked UI because of fast pressing OK+OK... Setting bitrate for "Normal quality" would be also nice..., but these are small details. I really do not want to bother you with them ;-)  

I've finally found a decent deal on NX500 and am now anxiously awaiting for my package.

In the meantime could someone post exact screen active area dimensions (width and higth please)? I know it's 3.0" AMOLED but how acurate is that? I want to order a plastic screen pop-up hood just not sure if I should get 3.0" (internal 60.58 x 44.36 mm, ext. 71.73 x 51.58 mm) or 3.2" avilable on Aliexpress (int. 67 x 45 mm, ext. 77 x 53 mm - might protrude a bit).

I am aware it will prevent me from flipping screen to selfportrait position, I just need the camera to spend a lot of time on a tripod and not shatter the screen when it falls over.

3 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

As on dpreview forum - I would like to thank you very much....  It works great - as without hack - very fast, no delays, BUT with high bitrates... simply wonderful :-)

Any chance you could use different button combination than OK+OK for UI? eg. thash+thash (or even EV+EV as on NX500 could be better). Because when I have performed some changes in menu I have accidentally evoked UI because of fast pressing OK+OK... Setting bitrate for "Normal quality" would be also nice..., but these are small details. I really do not want to bother you with them ;-)  

There's a reason I did not use EV EV - does not trigger correctly on NX1. Ideally the key combination to trigger the UI should not trigger anything on the camera AND be easy to use/remember.

Trash activates video mode and I'd rather not use that key. EV would be ideal but as I said even single clicks on EV generate "doubles" - at least on my NX1.

I am open to ideas otherwise.

1 minute ago, vasile said:

There's a reason I did not use EV EV - does not trigger correctly on NX1. Ideally the key combination to trigger the UI should not trigger anything on the camera AND be easy to use/remember.

Trash activates video mode and I'd rather not use that key. EV would be ideal but as I said even single clicks on EV generate "doubles" - at least on my NX1.

I am open to ideas otherwise.

I understand - BTW "OK" button also activates manual focus assist when using manual lens. It is not big deal becuase I/we should not use GUI very often anyway (just set bitrates and that is it).

2 hours ago, Francesco Tasselli said:

..I don't know if the theme has been yet approached, so I put the question:

does the hacking compromise the Samsung warranty?

Your hacking work is fantastic and I'm very attracted by the possibilities it opens, but I'd like to deepen what happens with the official warranty..

I guess it depends on whom you ask. To me the hack only overcomes artificial marketing-imposed limits. In any case I bricked my burner NX500 (oh, my personal one too - but that one is still awaiting repair) and Samsung repaired it without a peep under warranty.

Now I do not TRULY know if it was me - the motherboard was replaced and to my knowledge nothing I was doing could have caused a hardware failure - but in any case they fixed it under warranty.

YMMV.

rgds

11 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

I really liked the ev + ok on nx1. Never gave problems.

I do not know - on my camera EV always generates double events and it is impossible to combine it with OK :-( I could change it in the release but it would be untested by me - or I could put in a disclaimer that it does not work for me.