Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

Thank you very much. thank you very much!!!!

One last question in the pop menu I understand how to change the bitrate... no problem with that.

But not sure to understand what the resolution is, for example if I choose DC to UHD means if I choose 24p DC in the samsung menu I will record in fact UHD.

Thank you for your time.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ok thank you anyway I will try to find an explanation to the resolution pop up menu.

There is always the bug with the EVF, if you start recording with EVF you can't switch to monitor while filming, you have to stop and do another recording... ( not a problem for me)

3 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Someone know if with hacks it possible to set manual focus in video mode, without setting it every times?

On 6/4/2016 at 2:25 PM, chauncy said:

can't remember seeing it... did any hack fix the damn video evf monitor bug. The one where if you start recording video and if use the camera monitor you can't switch to evf and vice versa.

These are the two most annoying things about nx1 video mode to me lol would be awesome to get them fixed.

I wish video standby defaulted to single auto focus, not continuous which typically sucks. Or if your nx1 lens doesn't have a focus switch then manual mode all the time would be handy.

20 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Someone know if with hacks it possible to set manual focus in video mode, without setting it every times?

I don't have my camera on me right now but you can easily do this. Set focus to SAF (not CAF) in the menu, touch focus to touch (not tracking) and then program the AF button (off hand I am not sure which setting, something with hold, try them out). In video mode, when I press it, it switches to MAF and I see the peaking. It also shows you on the display a button with "MAF on" (but not in the evf). Press it again and you are back to auto focus. This works with and without the hack... Very handy, let the camera pull focus and lock it with the AF button, whether you are rolling or not.

6 hours ago, Georg P. Mueller said:

I don't have my camera on me right now but you can easily do this. Set focus to SAF (not CAF) in the menu, touch focus to touch (not tracking) and then program the AF button (off hand I am not sure which setting, something with hold, try them out). In video mode, when I press it, it switches to MAF and I see the peaking. It also shows you on the display a button with "MAF on" (but not in the evf). Press it again and you are back to auto focus. This works with and without the hack... Very handy, let the camera pull focus and lock it with the AF button, whether you are rolling or not.

I think the issue he was describing, or at least the one I'm thinking of is that everytime you enter video standby it defaults to continous autofocus :/ then you have to push the af back button everytime and/or choose saf. Just gets annoying.

16 hours ago, shanebrutal said:

I think the issue he was describing, or at least the one I'm thinking of is that everytime you enter video standby it defaults to continous autofocus :/ then you have to push the af back button everytime and/or choose saf. Just gets annoying.

Ah - I get it. Agreed, it would be cool if it was the other way around!

On June 5, 2016 at 0:16 PM, shanebrutal said:

These are the two most annoying things about nx1 video mode to me lol would be awesome to get them fixed.

I wish video standby defaulted to single auto focus, not continuous which typically sucks. Or if your nx1 lens doesn't have a focus switch then manual mode all the time would be handy.

I have the 16-50 S and 16-50 PZ lenses. The S lens stays in manual mode, so it is possible for this to happen. It is very annoying on the PZ to have to keep switching it.

@RieGo, @tugela - I never said that NX1 can shoot UHD@120. What I sad is that camera can produce a file which is 3840x2160p and 120 fps

And I said that file is x4 speed timelapse with dublicated frames. Do you read? :grin:

On 03.06.2016 at 8:26 PM, RieGo said:

btw take a look at http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57866447 for framerate/resolution/slot tests and sample files

And here you send me link on my own thread on DPR

Well, okay than. Do your thing.

On 05.06.2016 at 7:57 PM, lucabutera said:

It's already hacked like 4 month ago, just not implemented in hack with any key-combo. In telnet you can set up MF mode just like this:

st cap capdtm setusr AFMODE 0x70003

That's all, camera now in MF mode, but there is no indication of that, but if you know - you can use it. Tried this just now with NX1 and 16-50S in AF mode, works like a charm, MF ring is focusing, which doesn't happens with this lense in hardware-switch AF mode. MF assist also works okay.

If anyone need this in hack - you just can use keyscan and bind one of the camera buttons with EV+ combo for that.

From @NXKS2

Removing crop-factor and custom resolutions on NX500.
... it appears that we can control the crop factor (remove it) and even have custom resolutions, by controlling the EP_Resize registers. As you can see for NX500 all non-crop simply have the same value for the scanning and output (ex VGA), where the crop modes have one scanning resolution and another for the output (ex DC). For removing the crop, we don't even need to recalculate values, just repeat the input to output value. However setting those is a bit trickier than expected....

4K DC
[20826000] 0140000E 10000000 0438000C 08700000

VGA
[20826000] 05000000 05000000 03C00000 03C00000

Source: https://www.facebook.com/NXKS2/

5 hours ago, outerbeat said:

@RieGo, @tugela - I never said that NX1 can shoot UHD@120. What I sad is that camera can produce a file which is 3840x2160p and 120 fps

And I said that file is x4 speed timelapse with dublicated frames. Do you read? :grin:

I could ask the same question of you. You were claiming that it was recording higher frame rates, with the implication that it was actually shooting at that frame rate until someone pointed out that was not so. My point was that not only was it not shooting at the higher frame rate, it was not encoding at that rate either. It is actually shot (and recorded) at 30 fps. The "120 fps" is fake, and is achieved simply by changing a flag at the header. The camera could equally well generate "1200 fps" for example, but it would still be the same footage as 30 fps.

1 hour ago, samuel.cabral said:

From @NXKS2

... it appears that we can control the crop factor (remove it) and even have custom resolutions, by controlling the EP_Resize registers. As you can see for NX500 all non-crop simply have the same value for the scanning and output (ex VGA), where the crop modes have one scanning resolution and another for the output (ex DC). For removing the crop, we don't even need to recalculate values, just repeat the input to output value. However setting those is a bit trickier than expected....

4K DC

VGA

I hope that, in the same way, the crop can be optionally implemented into nx1!

3 hours ago, samuel.cabral said:

From @NXKS2

4K DC

VGA

If this will work on nx1 I can not wait to try it with mjpeg!!! :-D