Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

new footage of the nx1 at 180 mbps. I wanted to see if I could get the camera to display macroblocking with high motion scenes but fortunately I was unsuccessful. I graded it to taste of course and used the super 16mm grain to cause it cuts back on sharpness. I can't see myself shooting without the bitrate hack to be honest it's amazing

Noice!!! Some of your best NX1 footage. 

1 hour ago, SMGJohn said:

Amazing, I wish I had the balls like you to just film public like that, I tried but maybe there is still some shyness inside of me. That and everytime you pull a big camera in the public in such a small city as I live, people instantly look weird at you.

What is your secret?

My trick is to hold the camera at like chest/neck level and walk around like that and just act like I am pondering something then when you do bring it up to your eye no one is like WOW a camera everyone was kinda already expecting it lol.

Also another small trick that helps me is I push rec before I bring the camera up (NOTE NX1 you need to make sure EVF is on first :angry:) for some reason in my head I feel like its less of a "now I'm recording" moment and I tend to act more casual about the whole thing lol.

19 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

@mercer

@vaga yeah ! What about it ? Any particular thing that caught your eye ?

I think it shows a very impressive performance in lowlight. Also, I like the skin tones. 

@kidzrevil I love the colors in your last 2 outdoor street samples. They look very grunge and would fit in perfectly tonally speaking with a show like Daredevil. 

@vaga thank you ! It def is a look I would use for one of my projects. I like the video you showed me but I've gotten better results in low light with my settings. Don't mean to sound like a dick but I wasn't too impressed with those low light shots especially at that -5 contrast setting and that sharpening. Some of the shots were really good tho but there's excessive NR. I will do an official 1600-3200 iso test sometime this week.

21 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

new footage of the nx1 at 180 mbps. I wanted to see if I could get the camera to display macroblocking with high motion scenes but fortunately I was unsuccessful. I graded it to taste of course and used the super 16mm grain to cause it cuts back on sharpness. I can't see myself shooting without the bitrate hack to be honest it's amazing

hey man, this look amazing, where i can get that "super 16mm grain"?

2 minutes ago, Daniel Galli said:

hey man, this look amazing, where i can get that "super 16mm grain"?

Thank you ! If you have FILMCONVERT you can access there super 16mm grain. It softens the image as well of your after that look. Good for the nx1 sharpening

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:23 PM, kidzrevil said:

Yup, I literally only installed the hack for the bit rate stuff. All that other stuff with the focusing and blah blah was useless to me. Like you I rather only have stuff that improves the image quality. 180 mbps has spoiled me. Cant tell you the last time I seen macroblocking !

I feel the same way 180mbps I only need as well. Thanks again everyone. Loving my NX1 on 1.40 with bitrate hack 

Hi forum and community members .I Have a question yesterday I try recording in 1080p 120 slow motion and with the 180mbps using pro mode but the video is not slow mode 120. I was using Sutter speed 1/125 does that restricted the 120 slow mode or is it the bitrate hack. Thanks for the help.

On 27/5/2016 at 0:43 AM, kidzrevil said:

Nice Job! Can you tell me how you've got this old film look?

Best

@lucabutera sure ! Put a warming filter to kill the blue light and give you better skin tones. I use a warm black pro mist. Generally you expose -0.3 or -0.6 enough to preserve detail in midtones then I grade with impulz LUT's over the filmconvert 16mm to add contrast to the grain and texture to the image

48 minutes ago, chauncy said:

I am on fw 1.41 and want to go back to 1.40 on nx1. I can't see to find how anywhere? Anyone know. Thank you

On 5/20/2016 at 3:53 PM, SMGJohn said:

You can easily revert to 1.40 and 1.11 in NX1 and NX500, just put the firmware on SD card and update as you normally would with a new update, and it will backflash them.

Apparently not that difficult to downgrade.

OK so my plan to purchase the NX1 from Canada fell through, and The Boss didn't approve of the expense for the purchase. 

I'm thinking I might make another attempt, this time for the NX500. With the hacks, it now has almost complete feature parity with the added benefit of more compact body and 2.5k mode. Other than lack of EVF, Uncropped 4k, Digital Image Stabilization, and 1080p120 (it has 720p120) and smaller buffer for burst are there any other differences I need to be aware of?

Hi kidzrevil

This is one of the best looking NX1 footage I have see so far...! I want to emulate your look and hope you don't mind a few questions:

lenses: I see you shot handheld with manual focus lenses - 28mm? Do you use DIS? What about rolling shutter issues in 4K?

camera settings: which profile do you use? landscape or custom? How do you set sharpness, contrast, etc.? Do you use 16-235? How about the black level? What DR settings?

post: What software do you use to convert the H265? I love the idea of using 16mm grain in film convert. What stock did you select? What camera profile?

Sorry, it was more than a "few" questions! Thanks for answering!