Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

agreed DPStewart, for me personally, I dont care about any of the additions, bit rate is the only thing I care about so far as I have an NX1. I am still yet to try it, as my camera is currently travelling with my brother. but looking forward to giving it a go when I get it back! keep up the good work all involved,

..and I think most following the progress of the hack know where credit is due where the credit is due.

2 hours ago, DPStewart said:

I don't exactly understand why anyone would even want to use a hack that doesn't increase the bit rate and image quality.

Yup, I literally only installed the hack for the bit rate stuff. All that other stuff with the focusing and blah blah was useless to me. Like you I rather only have stuff that improves the image quality. 180 mbps has spoiled me. Cant tell you the last time I seen macroblocking !

22 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Yup, I literally only installed the hack for the bit rate stuff. All that other stuff with the focusing and blah blah was useless to me. Like you I rather only have stuff that improves the image quality. 180 mbps has spoiled me. Cant tell you the last time I seen macroblocking !

I feel the same way 180mbps I only need as well. Thanks again everyone. Loving my NX1 on 1.40 with bitrate hack

50 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

So, did you sell your NX1? I noticed you last ebay link was down with Ebay saying the item was no longer available?

6 hours ago, vasile said:

You may want to read this :-). Enjoy.

I appreciate removal of recording limits on NX500, tossed few € your way, enjoy your 16-50S you've definitely earned it. Thank you.

And the waiting game for a good deal on NX500 continues :glasses:

11 hours ago, mechanicalEYE said:

So, did you sell your NX1? I noticed you last ebay link was down with Ebay saying the item was no longer available?

Nah I didn't. To be honest im stuck with it lol no one wants to buy it. I need a second camera for low light so i may get an a6300 or a7sii

5 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Nah I didn't. To be honest im stuck with it lol no one wants to buy it. I need a second camera for low light so i may get an a6300 or a7sii

You're too spoiled with quick sells. When I sold my NX500, it took about 3 or 4 listings before it sold. There's a buyer out there and the market will tell you how much it's worth. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. 

I kinda am not gonna lie. Doesnt take me more than 3-5 days to move equipment ! Good thing im not stuck with a shitty body for video like the time I nearly bought a canon 6d. Totally dodged the bullet with that one lol. Theres no full frame or apsc touching it at 1600 and below thats touching the nx1 in quality so I guess the body im waiting for aint even made yet.  Im gonna get a "workhorse" camera for general use, anything to avoid wear and tear on the nx1. Canon xc10 and sony rx10 ii seems interesting @mercer

@vaga yeah ! What about it ? Any particular thing that caught your eye ?

3 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

I kinda am not gonna lie. Doesnt take me more than 3-5 days to move equipment ! Good thing im not stuck with a shitty body for video like the time I nearly bought a canon 6d. Totally dodged the bullet with that one lol. Theres no full frame or apsc touching it at 1600 and below thats touching the nx1 in quality so I guess the body im waiting for aint even made yet.  Im gonna get a "workhorse" camera for general use, anything to avoid wear and tear on the nx1. Canon xc10 and sony rx10 ii seems interesting @mercer

@vaga yeah ! What about it ? Any particular thing that caught your eye ?

I love a lot of the footage from the XC10. 

5 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@mercer it looks good as something to just pick up and go. Im hoping I can get one on ebay cause its probably not worth paying full price. Im eyeing a rx10 ii for $400. If I get that I'd throw the slr magic anamorphot on it 

That would be an interesting combo. Good price for an RX10ii too. 

new footage of the nx1 at 180 mbps. I wanted to see if I could get the camera to display macroblocking with high motion scenes but fortunately I was unsuccessful. I graded it to taste of course and used the super 16mm grain to cause it cuts back on sharpness. I can't see myself shooting without the bitrate hack to be honest it's amazing

43 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

new footage of the nx1 at 180 mbps. I wanted to see if I could get the camera to display macroblocking with high motion scenes but fortunately I was unsuccessful. I graded it to taste of course and used the super 16mm grain to cause it cuts back on sharpness. I can't see myself shooting without the bitrate hack to be honest it's amazing

Amazing, I wish I had the balls like you to just film public like that, I tried but maybe there is still some shyness inside of me. That and everytime you pull a big camera in the public in such a small city as I live, people instantly look weird at you.

What is your secret?

7 minutes ago, SMGJohn said:

Amazing, I wish I had the balls like you to just film public like that, I tried but maybe there is still some shyness inside of me. That and everything you pull a big camera in the public in such a small city as I live people instantly look weird at you.

What is your secret?

Cause idgaf. That's my secret lmao ! Im kinda shy myself sometimes but if you need the shot then take it ! Confidence plays a big role in our business, it will help you interact better with your subjects. Always act like your SUPPOSED to be holding the camera and everyone will start to act accordingly, you wont stick out as much I guess hahahah

34 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Cause idgaf. That's my secret lmao ! Im kinda shy myself sometimes but if you need the shot then take it ! Confidence plays a big role in our business, it will help you interact better with your subjects. Always act like your SUPPOSED to be holding the camera and everyone will start to act accordingly, you wont stick out as much I guess hahahah

More difficult though if your camera is a canon rebel and you look like you're twelve, haha

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

More difficult though if your camera is a canon rebel and you look like you're twelve, haha

I found it easier to shoot public if you wear an uniform or look like a tourist, I dunno why but people just automatically just ignore you.

You occasionally get children coming up to you though who wants to be on television, after a while its gets VERY annoying but its not like you can yell at them in the public.