Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

@kidzrevil they didn't close the hole we are using, mods work fine, but due to changes in firmware the bitrate hacks don't work (as they work with messing with memory locations of already running process, etc).

Enabling 2.5k on nx500 works when adapted to new memory locations (already done by Kino Seed). 

You just have to wait and see what happens, but if you need higher bitrates don't update yet. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

My guess is that Samsung got hip to the fact that people are hacking the camera and this....worthless update is to patch whatever exploit was used to hack it. Seen sony do this shit with the PSP when people figured out how to hack it. That app aint worth it. 

1. You can rollback to old FW and use the hack
2. You can update to new FW and use most of the hack functions but no bitrate ones yet

So it can't be about hack at all since you can use almost all other its functions, and for some people this features far more useful than bitrates, Not for me, well I mean I use Focus Pull, but bitrates are in most use for me. Also I personally can't compare things like sony did and samsung ones, since sony always been somekind of selfstated prime leader in this field and sometimes claim more than can acheive at the moment - and samsung is simply underdog there, very good engineering, not so great sales / promo / management department on NX line.

48 minutes ago, vaga said:

Is there anything else in the update?

Short answer... No

From NX1 and NX500 FW_Description_v1.XX.txt

NX1 [v1.41]
Fixed Bluetooth connection problem with Smart phone(Android Marshmallow(Android6.0 version)).

NX500 [v1.12]
Fixed Bluetooth connection problem with Smart phone(Android Marshmallow(Android6.0 version)).

Also pease upload both to the cloud vault of historical FW. Sorry can't remember who was in charge of that:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/EV-NX500ZBMJUS#manualsDownloads

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/EV-NX1ZZZBZBUS#manualsDownloads

I don't see any new version of user manuals, that to me indicates that there are no new features.

On 5/17/2016 at 9:57 AM, sidi said:

Short answer... No

Also pease upload both to the cloud vault of historical FW. Sorry can't remember who was in charge of that:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/EV-NX500ZBMJUS#manualsDownloads

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/EV-NX1ZZZBZBUS#manualsDownloads

I don't see any new version of user manuals, that to me indicates that there are no new features.

Ive added the latest firmware to the NX1 Firmware History Folder:
https://drive.google.com/a/cmcfirm.com/folderview?id=0Bwt0uzFgEoRkQ2ZLOUJOM295UGM&usp=sharing

Also, still wondering if the Samsung Camera Manager App can be made to work with manual lenses for live view. It would be enormously helpful considering Samsung has only a few lens choices and the various adapters give us a much wider selection of options.

5 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Funny how Samsung wont support the camera or at least tell us they are supporting the nx line but please...please dont hack it. Funnier than that is how they initially said they were sending Magic Lantern stuff. Me no likey their company policies ? @vasile

They are evil and selfish. Dark side. Vasile, otto, kino are our team of Jedi.

24 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

They are evil and selfish. Dark side. Vasile, otto, kino are our team of Jedi.

come on, Marco. They created a great camera, and just updated it when no one expected any more. We should stop bitching (I stopped) and get on to using it.

Do you prefer the situation of last week today to the one of today?

We'll eventually work around the restrictions (I hope) and if not, so what - we can keep v1.40 / v1.11.

I personally preferred the situation where nx1 was abandonware, since...it's abandonware even today, but more closed. They'll never start nx again, unless someone buys the mount. They could release a fw with some of the 50+ requests we did in the last year and half, but they preferred not to listen and instead to lock the mods. Just like they did in the past, they go their own route, never listening to customers.

That's why they failed with nx and why most pros never took them seriously.

Samsung offered features in their updates that other brands offer in one to three generations of new bodies. The only other company that I respect in that sense is Panasonic, always trying to offer the most to their customers (again not because they are "nice people", but because they want to attract customers), but with paid firmware updates or new bodies nevertheless. Maybe the most like-able people in the industry are the Fuji ones, and I do not see their cameras and firmwares being bold and beautiful. 

That was probably the last reason that NX failed though. We have discussed many of them before, now it is not the time, as it is actually kind of optimistic that they have a new firmware update. The fact that actually someone took an order to fix the connectivity issues with newer Android versions, (for normal "normal" people of the mainstream, the target group of Samsung anyway, that is far more important than the mods/hacks; we, the others, can still go on with our firmwares) leaves all the opportunities open.

Plus the filmconvert situation!

2 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

I personally preferred the situation where nx1 was abandonware, since...it's abandonware even today, but more closed. They'll never start nx again, unless someone buys the mount. They could release a fw with some of the 50+ requests we did in the last year and half, but they preferred not to listen and instead to lock the mods. Just like they did in the past, they go their own route, never listening to customers.

That's why they failed with nx and why most pros never took them seriously.

They'll never be able to enter the camera business again. The NX1 was the only decent thing they ever made anyway. All their other stuff (tablets & phones etc) are crap. 

yeah even though the nx1 was good I don't expect lightning to strike twice. Especially with Samsung's behavior, between the rumors, lack of support, and the mass shortage of NX supplies I just can't anymore. Could get a new lens set tomorrow and the adapter for it will be out of stock everywhere. They sent all the stockists into panic mode ! Again dope camera, it will definitely give you a great image & the hack is a God send. SO why would they release a firmware update to totally derail the hack ? You would figure it would be good press for them and they will at least turn a blind eye to it as more people flock to the system BECAUSE of the improvements Vasile made. SMH @Dean

13 hours ago, CMCFirm said:

Also, still wondering if the Samsung Camera Manager App can be made to work with manual lenses for live view.

I assume somebody tried it with [x] No lens... option in dev menu.