Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

I am wondering that there is no report about quality of highbitrate 2.5K mode by some of NX500 users (Vasile's latest high bitrate hack for NX500). It was so demanded...

I'm really anxious to give it a try, but I just got a flood of work. If no one else does, I'll post some tests by the end of the week... wish it could be sooner.

Thanks for all your hard work Vasile!

I've tried it yesterday and there are not much risks, at first the liveview froze when I selected VGA(2.5k) 25p but a simple reboot and it worked. However, VGA(2.5k) 50p captures 2 times the normal speed and some other options in VGA made the video rip apart.

I can't report much on the quality, I'll do tomorrow if enough time with a daytime scene.

Great work from Vasile again, we can really see improvements steps by steps. Any chance we could modify the width of the sensor region for anamorphic?

Cheers!

Here are my predictions for rolling shutter with the latest firmware:

NX1 UHD: 32ms

NX1 DCI: 30ms

NX500 UHD & DCI: 19ms

NX500 2.5k: 16ms

NX1 & NX500 FHD 24-30p: 16ms or 11ms

NX1 & NX500 FHD 50-60p: 16ms or 11ms

NX1 FHD 100-120p: 8ms

I'd love to see how close I am to the real numbers.

11 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

I figure it out it is 

prefman set 0 0x878 l -10

I was playing around with this last night and it looks like you can get the Saturation, Sharpness and contract to values that are not shown in the menu including negative numbers. 

ex:  if you set sharpness to -10 in the menu and do "prefman get 0 0x87c l" comes back showing the value is set to 0 and like wise if you set sharpness to +10 in the menu and prefman get again reads the value as 20 therfore -10=0 and +10=20. now if you do "prefman set 0 0x87c l -10" witch would be an equivalent to -20 sharpness in the menu then do a "prefman get 0 0x87c l" it read the value is still being set to -10.

I will do some more testing to see if the value is actually sticking during or after recording and if it makes a difference to the quality then report back.

I also wrote a script last night that uses nested while commands to consecutively record 5 sec clips testing all the gammaDR setting in a given range. this could in theory test every possible combination for saturation, sharpness, contrast setting automatically(1000 tests total). Let me know if any one is interested in this script for themselves.

This script could also very easily be altered to do or include MBL, RGB setting or HUE settings if that is your kinds of thing.

Congrats for all the effort guys (Chant, Vasile, Otto...).

I'm very excited to see all things you are implementing on this cameras.
Now with the new Blackmagic View Assist 4K i was wondering if (even on our more remote dreams) would be possible to get a RAW image via HDMI.
I have no knowledge in this area and i apologize if it's a stupid question. Take care and keep up the good work!

could the following be used on the NX1?

From here: http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/default/cli.html

--nr-intra <integer>, --nr-inter <integer>

Noise reduction - an adaptive deadzone applied after DCT (subtracting from DCT coefficients), before quantization. It does no pixel-level filtering, doesn’t cross DCT block boundaries, has no overlap, The higher the strength value parameter, the more aggressively it will reduce noise.

Enabling noise reduction will make outputs diverge between different numbers of frame threads. Outputs will be deterministic but the outputs of -F2 will no longer match the outputs of -F3, etc.

Values: any value in range of 0 to 2000. Default 0 (disabled).

8 hours ago, /Chop N Shoot Films/ said:

could the following be used on the NX1?

From here: http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/default/cli.html

--nr-intra <integer>, --nr-inter <integer>

Noise reduction - an adaptive deadzone applied after DCT (subtracting from DCT coefficients), before quantization. It does no pixel-level filtering, doesn’t cross DCT block boundaries, has no overlap, The higher the strength value parameter, the more aggressively it will reduce noise.

Enabling noise reduction will make outputs diverge between different numbers of frame threads. Outputs will be deterministic but the outputs of -F2 will no longer match the outputs of -F3, etc.

Values: any value in range of 0 to 2000. Default 0 (disabled).

AFAIK x265 != Samsung codec. Unless you have proof to the contrary...