Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

4 hours ago, Otto K said:

So, a small poll - do you want me to make an installer that will install mods to the camera internally in order to work faster?

YES. I share my SD cards across camera types and would love it tied to camera instead of card.

Great work Otto.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 hours ago, vasile said:

If I could find where it is set in di-camera-app I'd be in business.

I really hope you find the way!

8 hours ago, Otto K said:

So, a small poll - do you want me to make an installer that will install mods to the camera internally in order to work faster?

I vote for internal too (even it will mean set bitrate according slowest card I have).

On 15.4.2016 at 3:39 PM, Syme said:

Not impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible. It could be built into the HEVC encoder, for instance.

I can confirm that after testing the newest x265 and even the HEVC that comes with Premiere Pro CC 2015, the HEVC still smooths out details and it does it even at high bitrates.

I tested several special videos I made with various grains like film grain and ISO grain including various gradients, the fine grain details becomes mosquito noise when there is a huge amount of it, when there is little noise/grain it simply smooths it out which makes me believe there is a built in noise reduction in HEVC which I cannot find in the codec settings I use Hybrid Video Converter which is a very complex GUI for video codecs and no such settings exist and therefore its uncontrollable I also tried various block sizes but had little effects on the noise details.

Grain setting seem to improve upon this a little but its non existent in Adobe Premiere and the Grain setting is pretty much unique to x265 at this moment. I can post results here if anyone is interested otherwise I wont bother, I can upload the various HEVC files, they are not very large.

Funny enough I compressed a 2GB prores file to like a 7mb HEVC with acceptable detail loss. It seems 720p HEVC do just fine with bitrates all the way down to 500kbps but I recommend 750kbps or 800~

1080p seems to do fine with 1000kbps but 1500kbps is recommended, avoid HEVC if you want fine details because it really smears them out even at 100mbps. Also the Adobe HEVC is God awful, I would say its almost on pare with DivX's HEVC codec and that one is just plain shit, if anyone has dealt with DivX files in the past they used to be extremely popular on the internet back in the days like 6 - 8 years ago, you will know what I am talking about...

@Vasile to make sure I understand v2.0 and 3.0 correctly, now you set bitrates you want for Pro and HQ?

So for example, if I use Otto's new script hack version, I can set Pro to say 150Mbps and HQ to 100Mbps so if I have a fast card I can use Pro or if I have a slower card I can use HQ?

1 hour ago, vaga said:

@Vasile to make sure I understand v2.0 and 3.0 correctly, now you set bitrates you want for Pro and HQ?

So for example, if I use Otto's new script hack version, I can set Pro to say 150Mbps and HQ to 100Mbps so if I have a fast card I can use Pro or if I have a slower card I can use HQ?

That is one possibility. The options are there, how you use them depends on what your needs are.

On 15. 4. 2016 at 5:44 PM, vasile said:

I like more the nrmenable st cap live parameter from here: https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding/blob/master/ST%20Commands.md

If I could find where it is set in di-camera-app I'd be in business.

I think MJPEG is without noise reduction - could it help to find where it is set?