Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

45 minutes ago, derderimmermuedeist said:

I

Please send your results.

I want to figure out the best performer inCam. 

Transcend 64GB UHS-II 285/180 MB/s gives in NX1 Dev test about 82-85MB/s Read and 55-60MB/s Write.

edit. You can delete this post, I didn't see that there is a specific topic.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

As already said, with the lexar 2000x (fastest UHS-II card on the market now) the camera can continue at 15fps in super fine jpg when the buffer is full.

To do the trick one should enable silent e-shutter on NX1 (otherwise...bye bye shutter) and increase the fps at least to 24fps.

review of Lexar:

http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/sd-cards/lexar-professional-2000x-uhs-ii-32gb-sdhc-memory-card/

Hello Marco, you can try your sd lexar 2000x how many frame continuous shooting can you record?

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

What if @Andrew Reid moves this to the front blog, stating that we need mods/coders/enthusats to build an ML like small group, and clearly saying nx1 owners (and even non owners like me) will be donating some serious enough cash for the first one to breakthrough into the camera. Let's make GH2/550D/5DIIML days come along!

7 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

That is quite good but price wise it does not make much sense for NX1 or even GH4. 

Unless the hackers for NX1 can unlock huge MJPEG streams via the HDMI or RAW output, then external recorder would come in much handy to deal with huge data flows.

H265 is still terrible for post production but I see they use it for streaming which makes a lot of sense, HEVC is great for streaming, awesome quality at low bitrate. 

I'm using an up-to-date Premiere Pro and nowadays it's no problem at all to work with hevc. the only thing premiere has difficulties with is reading the color range 0-255 from the NX1.
if you got performance problems you probably just need hevc hardware decoding (intel skylake or nvidia 960 or 970 i think)

5 hours ago, RieGo said:

I'm using an up-to-date Premiere Pro and nowadays it's no problem at all to work with hevc. the only thing premiere has difficulties with is reading the color range 0-255 from the NX1.
if you got performance problems you probably just need hevc hardware decoding (intel skylake or nvidia 960 or 970 i think)

Are you on a Mac or Windows?

Adobe for Windows is bloody atrocious as much as I dislike Mac it simply just works better with the Adobe programs because of the Unix code. If Adobe stopped being fools and just made their programs for Linux then I would switch in a heart beat imao, sadly I do not have HEVC hardware encoding, refuse to switch to nVidia just for that though I will place my bet on Polaris from AMD.

There where some issues with it stopping rendering completely so I had to spit out JPEG's and even then he corrupted a lot of frames which I had to painstakingly replace manually. But like you said it could be lack of hardware support but then again I do not have any issues with any other codec its only HEVC.

4 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Are you on a Mac or Windows?

Adobe for Windows is bloody atrocious as much as I dislike Mac it simply just works better with the Adobe programs because of the Unix code. If Adobe stopped being fools and just made their programs for Linux then I would switch in a heart beat imao, sadly I do not have HEVC hardware encoding, refuse to switch to nVidia just for that though I will place my bet on Polaris from AMD.

There where some issues with it stopping rendering completely so I had to spit out JPEG's and even then he corrupted a lot of frames which I had to painstakingly replace manually. But like you said it could be lack of hardware support but then again I do not have any issues with any other codec its only HEVC.

i'm on windows.
i see your point. new tech definitely needs some time to get widely adopted... let's just hope in a few years it will be as compatible as h264. in the meantime the only option is to convert the files before working with them, or hopefully someone can get some different encoding working on this firmware.
only time will tell :)

15 minutes ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Is there any tutorial and download link for the hack ? I want to stop getting the lens detached error, to use my cheap Nikon adapters, but cant find the DL link and how to install it..

just follow this instructions: https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding/blob/master/DEV%20and%20CS%20modes.md

But instead of disabling recording limit just use this setting:

2. SYSTEM PARAMETER

(6) NO LENS RELEASE ENABLE [v]

please be careful, the dev menu is dangerous!

4 minutes ago, vaga said:

Is it possible to port the 2560*1440 mode to the NX1? I would use it for car sequences or action sequences to take advantage of reduced rolling shutter. 

I'd say far off possibility. Not anytime soon, but not impossible.

Using two NX1's going over the 30 minute limit at a live concert recording tonight, we'll see if they perform well...

7 minutes ago, sidi said:

Just remember to not exceed ~70 minute mark or the memory leak will corrupt your recording

Yup I know, concert is two sections, acoustic then plugged. Each section runs about 45 minutes. Should run to an hour at worst. Want to see if they hold it together, I have 2 other cameras running so if one gives out I have backup. 

This is a quick test of the run through I did yesterday. Shot handheld (16-50) with internal mic.