Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

18 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

I think that's the sdk to build pc apps to work with a connected nx1.

Maybe, we will see.  

Couple of others (including Chant) have asked this  ( http://nxcameraportal.cloudapp.net/SDK/SDKTerms ) and it seems that it is first answer from Samsung we have (it took them at least 4 weeks). There is quite detailed form to fill in... so I hope it is not "just" sdk to build pc app. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Pavel Mašek said:

Maybe, we will see.  

Couple of others (including Chant) have asked this  ( http://nxcameraportal.cloudapp.net/SDK/SDKTerms ) and it seems that it is first answer from Samsung we have (it took them at least 4 weeks). There is quite detailed form to fill in... so I hope it is not "just" sdk to build pc app. 

Hi, this looks like the form I filled out for the SDK for the remote control of the NX1 and not a SDK for the actual camera itself.  I received the SDK which is documentation and sample programs in Visual Studio, this just contains commands for creating apps that you can connect to the NX1 remotely and control basic functions.  It doesn't contain anything different to what Samsung's remote studio offers.

23 minutes ago, hirsti said:

Hi, this looks like the form I filled out for the SDK for the remote control of the NX1 and not a SDK for the actual camera itself.  I received the SDK which is documentation and sample programs in Visual Studio, this just contains commands for creating apps that you can connect to the NX1 remotely and control basic functions.  It doesn't contain anything different to what Samsung's remote studio offers.

Argh, damn. I will check it, but it seems that you are right. I thought we have found our holy grail :-(

UPDATE: Hirsti confirmed me that it is not SDK to camera itself (just SDK for remote control). I am sorry guys, I should verify it before I post it here.

So I have a contact with Apple coder (not helpful to us, I know). He raised the question, if Samsung actually said "No" to us on receiving SDK for camera?
Did they sent us remote control just to shut us up or because we didn't specifically ask for it? Can anybody confirm that they said NO to providing us with camera SDK under any circumstances ?

9 minutes ago, Pavel D Prichystal said:

So I have a contact with Apple coder (not helpful to us, I know). He raised the question, if Samsung actually said "No" to us on receiving SDK for camera?
Did they sent us remote control just to shut us up or because we didn't specifically ask for it? Can anybody confirm that they said NO to providing us with camera SDK under any circumstances ?

I sent them email that SDK they provided is not for camera itself but just for remote control. I have asked them about NX1 SDK again but I really do no believe that they have it or they will provide it... but better than nothing.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 3:36 AM, Connor Rickman said:

This is an amazing advancement for 1-person shooters. Any chance it could work via wifi and the remote app?

If you use the remote app SDK that is referred to on this page you could write a piece of code in visual studio to do the same thing but remotely.  You just need the SDK and some experience in visual studio

I think one of the most amazing things about the NX1 is how powerful it is. It's taking a 6.5k signal and downscaling that in real time.   Imagine the possibilities.  

You know what I would love to see?  I would love some super slow mo action at 1080, 720, etc.  If you take out the downscaling and just record to the buffer you should be able to record some limited, but very high speed footage.  Think about  it.. 6.5k gives you 18 times the amount of info that 720p does. If the NX1 can shoot at 120 fps at 1080, that would give you roughly 2000 fps at 720p.  And even more if you are willing to go down to 480p.  Now I know this would heat things up a little, bit but but just limit the recording to 5 seconds or something.    The NX1 can take 25 raw images which works out to quite a bit of footage at lower resolution. 

This could be on of the most revolutionary things to happen in cinematography.  The only other camera that gets anywhere near this is something that I stumbled across called the "edgertronic" thats still will run you around $5k.  People could get the ability to shoot in several thousands fps for under a grand.  Just think about it.

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Yeah I'd still really like to see what even the low bitrate 2.5k can do in the nx500. Probably more difficult to get in the nx1

Thanks for the blog post Andrew!

https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500

you can try, it is 12Mbps though..

Actually this is one of the most important aspects for me. 2.5K seems like the sweet spot for my productions, and post production capabilities.

4 hours ago, Syme said:

Reducing rolling shutter significantly without a crop is almost certainly impossible. That's a limitation of the sensor, not the firmware.

More likely a limitation of the processor, not the sensor. The sensor does full reads at 240 fps.

38 minutes ago, tugela said:

More likely a limitation of the processor, not the sensor. The sensor does full reads at 240 fps.

Im finding references of sensor read out in the fimware. But without full data Im not sure if things can be changed. If this sensor is similar to the S5KVB2 or a different roll out. Having the data sheet would shed some light. The cmosis cmv12000 and cmv20000 are both global and rolling and its implemented in code which readout it does. Unfortunately the S5KVB2 data sheet is not something that is attainable and if it was Im sure it would be under nda. But Its all things to test once I have it all sorted. My notes are filling up pages.