Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6. 3. 2016 at 1:18 PM, chauncy said:

with what editing software? Adobe premiere afaik doesn't support hw decoding of hevc

latest update of adobe cc2016 does. Davinci's latest does as well

I have downloaded sd.tar and follow instructions for customizing keys (https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500/blob/master/Customizing%20keys.md) but it seems that NX1 do not want to load it. Boot takes same time and  I do not see any green dots and text "IP..." after pressing EV+MOBILE.

-------------

EDITED: I can see the green dots with IP ADRESS sign (after change content of nx_cs.adj file to "shell script /mnt/mmc/scripts/EV_MOBILE.sh" ) but EV scripts still does not work.

8 minutes ago, Pavel Mašek said:

I have downloaded sd.tar and follow instructions for customizing keys (https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500/blob/master/Customizing%20keys.md) but it seems that NX1 do not want to load it. Boot takes same time and  I do not see any green dots and text "IP..." after pressing EV+MOBILE.

I couldn't get the NX1 to trigger anything with the EV+ button either.

you can change the contents of your nx_cs.adj file to say "shell script /mnt/mmc/scripts/EV_MOBILE.sh"

this will run the EV_Mobile.sh script at bootup, when you get the green dots go to settings and configure/connect to wifi or you will not get an ip address to connect to.

31 minutes ago, sandro said:

I seriously don't get they the nx1 is do bad in lowlight while the a6300 can do this 

----------------------------------------------------------------

I mean there something wrong with the sensor design or we really need to remove that NR.

Sony a6300 is newer and uses s-LOG2, its not a fair comparison. 

Also its obvious HEVC + NR doing something stupid, we all know video mode have NR by now. However if you take a picture at 3200ISO, there is no blue streak ISO artefacts like in video. So its clear that its the NR and in-camera processing causing these artefacts.

You might argue 28 megapixels versus line skipping, but even at the highest ISO I cannot see these streaks, something is going on with the in-camera processing of the video. And we need to shut it off because the 3200 ISO looks usable if the stupid NR just "#&&%¤ off.

On 06/03/2016 at 0:36 AM, Otto K said:

Well, for NX500 it seems CPU freq is from 100MHz to 800MHz:

[root@drime5 debug]# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq  

[root@drime5 debug]# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

Someone with NX1 could see what's there.

Same for NX1.

8 hours ago, sandro said:

I seriously don't get they the nx1 is do bad in lowlight while the a6300 can do this 

I mean there something wrong with the sensor design or we really need to remove that NR.

think its the downscaling idk but its annoying. GH4 doesn't even compress the noise like the nx1 does

7 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Sony a6300 is newer and uses s-LOG2, its not a fair comparison. 

Also its obvious HEVC + NR doing something stupid, we all know video mode have NR by now. However if you take a picture at 3200ISO, there is no blue streak ISO artefacts like in video. So its clear that its the NR and in-camera processing causing these artefacts.

You might argue 28 megapixels versus line skipping, but even at the highest ISO I cannot see these streaks, something is going on with the in-camera processing of the video. And we need to shut it off because the 3200 ISO looks usable if the stupid NR just "#&&%¤ off.

I'm totally petrified to shoot video above 1600. Funny thing is as mentioned by you guys shooting at high iso is fine with raw stills. A little noise reduction I can hit 6400

12 hours ago, sandro said:

The issue of nx1 at iso 3200 in video is, imo, nr. The raw pictures at iso 3200 are totally usable, especially when downscaled to 16mp or below. Hence at 8mp they should shine! Instead, video at 3200 is very poor. Hence, there is something 'wrong' going on in the process.

2 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

The issue of nx1 at iso 3200 in video is, imo, nr. The raw pictures at iso 3200 are totally usable, especially when downscaled to 16mp or below. Hence at 8mp they should shine! Instead, video at 3200 is very poor. Hence, there is something 'wrong' going on in the process.

One more thing related to possible NR: Just take a look on photomode when you have set higher ISO - it looks same as 120fps above ISO 200 and 60fps above ISO 400 and 30fps 4K above ISO 1600.  I do not know, but I think that "noise reduction" is related to some hardware glitch (higher frequency of sensor - higher "NR"... ?).

But I really hope that it is real noise reduction that could be removed by hacking...

4 minutes ago, Chant said:

But the dream for me of having a cheap 14bit 6.5k red competitor is what keeps me going. The confirmation of the UHS-II bus sweetens the deal. Going to investigate the possibility of a SD-SATA converter.. I wouldnt mind having a 1tb ssd attached to the back of the camera.

I agree as long as the recording limit is removed.

Just now, sidi said:

I agree as long as the recording limit is removed.

That is something that would be very simple to remove compared to what I just explained. A secondary task though, first we get to the good bits, and everything else is second. The way the srp even loads in is something that isnt well documented, let alone on a camera.

6 hours ago, Chant said:

But the dream for me of having a cheap 14bit 6.5k red competitor is what keeps me going. The confirmation of the UHS-II bus sweetens the deal. Going to investigate the possibility of a SD-SATA converter.. I wouldnt mind having a 1tb ssd attached to the back of the camera.

TL:DR This camera is complex and things are not getting easier but still progression is being made.

I just registered the forum to support this cause!! I will keep an eye on this!

We are more people with NX1 who really looking forward for this hack!