Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, chauncy said:

Yeah, how could I have missed that. I've checked this thread a hundred times except the last few days and it's mostly been wish list after wish list. The hopeful Chant doesn't popup until page 12 or so.

I was very active testing the gh2 hacks, so I know all about wish lists vs reality and how difficult hacks can be to actually get working and stabil.

And SMG, you're just a member not a moderator. You have no authority, except in your own mind.

Your trolling seems quite pathetic to be honest, at least I am trying to get the SDK tools from Samsung, Samsung US, Samsung UK wont give them, I tried Samsung in my own country waiting to call them on Monday, I requested that thing two times on the SDK request page, I searched for it everywhere. 

But you are just trolling, and then claiming I think I am a moderator, right. Just go back to 4chan or whatever.

15 hours ago, Chant said:

It was in a cpu config file. But in early firmware, I am plotting the changes and original values to see what sort of leverage can happen with them.

This is something that I have also been looking into. With luck it is just the change of an output flag and see if things can be pushed to a higher limit. HEVC and other compression systems are less intensive with less compression, so in theory it should be able to bump up to the bus limit and have less compressed files. In the later firmware the change from 15fps to 25fps for the raw output sort of shows the ceiling of bandwidth the processor can handle. Give or take 30MB raw file x 25fps data stream is 750MBs/6000Mbs

My goal is to see how close to the spec of a red weapon the nx1 can be. HEVC is sort of a pain but the way it works is more like the wavelet based .r3d files when HEVC is at lower compression rates. But the more I find the more interesting things get. And the things they did for this camera make it vastly unique compared to a canon or a sony.

The complexity of the nx1 makes that quite hard, if I am correct and there is an fpga/cpld core on board it gets more tricky. I have seen some signs though. No confirmation yet. More work will be done tonight on the dive though. I have compiled a large data sheet already on the things I have found in the first firmware update. But going though the code takes time.

And if people are having issues with HEVC I highly recommend getting a GTX960 so far the only gpu with fully enabled on board HEVC encode/decode and boy does it work well. And they are not very expensive. If you go by how HEVC does compression, when you transcode it would be in the Gbs if the data rate is doubled on camera

This is a very interesting idea imo:

http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57395417

23 hours ago, sandro said:

I clearly saw them at ISO 3200 in video mode in dark areas... I will try to take a pic somehow.

I literally had a very hard time seeing it, I tried using one white and one purple background to spot them sadly my Canon 400D is too old to shoot fast enough in the dark had to use my Xperia Z.

No idea what is going on in photo mode, but in movie mode they are visible somewhat at least I think it is what you mean. Its hard to take pictures of it though.

EDIT: I did not use OLED colours.

DSC_8465.PNG

DSC_8466.PNG

DSC_8472.PNG

1 minute ago, SMGJohn said:

I literally had a very hard time seeing it, I tried using one white and one purple background to spot them sadly my Canon 400D is too old to shoot fast enough in the dark had to use my Xperia Z.

No idea what is going on in photo mode, but in movie mode they are visible somewhat at least I think it is what you mean. Its hard to take pictures of it though

DSC_8465.PNG

DSC_8466.PNG

DSC_8472.PNG

yes these are the ones.

2 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

This is a very interesting idea imo:

http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57395417

I did not realize the 960 was the only card with hardware support of 265. That's just odd why the 970 and above don't have the same. Does this make editing and encoding in premiere 2016 and resolve 12.3.1 faster? Or are they not able to leverage it?

I edit nx1 footage a lot and it's definitely  doable without, but more speed is always good. Will help a lot for all the hack testing that's to come.

2 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Your trolling seems quite pathetic to be honest, at least I am trying to get the SDK tools from Samsung, Samsung US, Samsung UK wont give them, I tried Samsung in my own country waiting to call them on Monday, I requested that thing two times on the SDK request page, I searched for it everywhere. 

But you are just trolling, and then claiming I think I am a moderator, right. Just go back to 4chan or whatever.

Dude would you relax. We're all pro hack.

I requested the sdk 3 months ago. I doubt any structure to give it out exists anymore. We need an insider.

Hi, i purchased this camera before i realized the company abandoned the camera, it was so late when i realized i bought a dead camera and i was forced to stich with it. I had been testing the cam and i realized a HUGE issue, the 5x and 8x enlargement points are centered by default and i havent found a way to move them, and if that wasnt enough there isnt a button for this like canon cameras and the enlargement just work in photo mode, in video doesnt works. If anyone is making a hack for this camera please fix this, im getting hard times trying to check focus without a simple enlargement assistant. This camera have good reviews and all that but in the field is a difficult piece of magnesium. 

Well, for NX500 it seems CPU freq is from 100MHz to 800MHz:

[root@drime5 debug]# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq  

[root@drime5 debug]# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

Someone with NX1 could see what's there.

Thanks to some ideas I had regarding hardware and if the nx1 was a true uhs2 camera or just backwards compatibility with uhs2 and thus only being a uhs1 camera I have found proof.

page 3 main pcb shows the full sd slot.
https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=2394050

The sd slot http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/Connector/SDMemoryCard/SCDA/SCDACA0200.html
 Made for uhs2. So the reality of the full speed uhs2 sd bus is possible.

5 minutes ago, Chant said:

Thanks to some ideas I had regarding hardware and if the nx1 was a true uhs2 camera or just backwards compatibility with uhs2 and thus only being a uhs1 camera I have found proof.

page 3 main pcb shows the full sd slot.
https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=2394050

The sd slot http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/Connector/SDMemoryCard/SCDA/SCDACA0200.html
 Made for uhs2. So the reality of the full speed uhs2 sd bus is possible.

Darn good to know.

Thanks Chant!

11 hours ago, Otto K said:

I need the telnet software to test.

15 hours ago, Otto K said:

The results are the same on the NX1