Chatterhead. Short film i shot on the Sony F65.

Ed_David

Be that as it may, I contend that this a rule of 3 is not something requiring implementation in one's work to make that art effective or worthwhile.  Feel free to disagree.

As for psychology, I do believe that potential voters of someone like Bernie Sanders are more likely to have a mindset apart from a voter that would rather hear jingoism and be comforted by that approach.  

And as this is a short film to appeal to a certain worldview/voter right now (as opposed to a general election) I can see how it might be effective in it's defined space.

I think you are misunderstanding me. In Ed's piece, the girl thinks, at least 3 times, that Bernie Sanders is unelectable. So he is using the rule of 3 against his own thesis. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

New version will be uploaded in about 2 hours.  Based on feedback from some friends - now it's even stronger, and has a different ending.

And I actually was able to have the time to color it in resolve.

Like all this discussion you guys are having - means the film is effective in that I would love it to be a conversation starter for all of us in our decision for the next president of 'Merica!

young people 18-22 will not come out to vote for hillary in record numbers, but they would for bernie sanders. no comparison

and no one likes hillary. she doesnt even like herself

that makes bernie a better candidate for beating the republican nominee

if that nominee is trump he will win regardless. ill bet you guys a dollar

fbfd70968976fa0f50ce8c6423608ffb.jpg?ito

I would love it to be a conversation starter

in that case it would help if you separated the text from the movie. You have a cool way of filming and a lovely looking talent that attracts the eyes. Soon as I follow her, the text is al over the place, soon as I concentrate on the text your film becomes a blur.

I'm used to subtitles but this is just too much for my taste.

• Super Members

Liked it a lot. Very nice.

Only thing for me was that the subs where to fast, might be because its not my native language.
In Sweden we don't dub and all movies/shows on TV have subs. Then they always have two rows, That lets each line hang a little longer and is not changing the phase either.
Just a thought.

3.jpg

New version, updated.

I tried 2 different actors for voice over.  

I just couldn't get it to feel right.

Also I like it for the viewer to read in their head, something about it feels more like internal dialogue.  Yes probably should just put the subtitles at the bottom in one place.  That's a really good suggestion.  Yea I don't know why I didn't try that.

Thanks guys - adding you guys to the special thanks - new version is uploading right now with subtitles at the bottom.

Makes a whole lot easier for people to read.  I should have done that 39 versions ago

Thanks Mattius!!!!!

A lot of people did look at the camera, especially on the subway!  And this is New York, where no one would bat an eye if you were wearing a clown suit.

I rather liked it as a clever, imaginative and thoughtful portrayal of one potential voter's debate with her own conflicting opinions and reasoning.

Where I object to it is the rather absurd notion that it depicts how the "fate of the free world" will be decided. 

So, one short piece - two contrasting responses! 

Makes a whole lot easier for people to read.

Way better. One last thing about the sub titles. Currently they are too big. They are as big as the credits. If they are 12 make them 8 or maybe even 6. Also don't use bold, unless you need to accentuate something.

Also make sure you don't have to scan a line. You should be able to pick it up without "reading". Thus short sentences or two lines.

subtitle.jpgA

• Super Members

Yeah I get the estetics of how they where. Problem is that I couldnt read them. I missed the message completly.

And Im fairly good at English with a Highschool diploma after a year in Pennsylvania some 15 years ago.

But if the target audience is only natives, it probably works. I can test on my GF. She is better than me.

The other one is still on his youtube if you want to compare or see the original, I believe, since you can't edit the youtube videos the same. I also like the way the subtitles worked, and also had trouble reading them (native English speaker). I'm a little bit of a slow reader, honestly, but it's true that the were fast

• Administrators

This is lovely, nicely done Ed. There's a clear idea behind it which I like, in that the fate of a nation is decided in people's heads where principals get overridden by "what if" practical reasoning.

But it's not executed to it's full potential. I think you should expand on it. I'd love to see an arc to the unfolding chatter, which takes it someplace else like a journey. She kind of starts and ends up in the same state :)