Fuji X-Pro 2 hack???

diapalino

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Even if it did get 4K, the video out of the Fujis I've had weren't exactly stellar.

Did you miss Andrew's article about the X-Pro 2? New sensor, new processor, new video quality.

A hack could be interesting, but I doubt it'll be able to enable 4K. The common consensus is that Fuji is saving that for the X-T2, but may add it to the XP2 later in a firmware update.

True that. And with such acceptable levels of quality, manufacturers making it increasingly difficult to hack into their platforms and with them as well releasing cameras one after the next... the effort doesn't outweigh the benefits of looking into hacking these newer cameras, so mostly nobody's even seriously trying (what seems to be left is the occassional feature unlock through a glitch (Sony/Panasonic)). Even at Magic Lantern... new gen 7D: the Mark II, new gen EOS T/EOS 7x0D... things aren't looking all too convincing. So this line of camera enhancing seems to be taking its last breaths. The only thing you can still expect that kinda stuff from is open platform projects, such as the AXIOM project by Apertus. Perhaps Samsung could be like 'well, we might as well let the camera owners be in charge of their system, since it's a dead end from our side, here you go, full access'. But I don't think something like the X-Pro2, already an unlikely candidate mind you, will get enough momentum to get people even trying to get in and change things around.