Dog Schidt Optiks meets my BMPCC

Zak Forsman

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Zak, your images are simply AMAZING!

I also use a GH4 and sold my BMPCC because... I'm a dumb!
I hated the poor battery life and the LCD in external shooting, but when I look BMPCC footage, even in ProRes, it is something so organic that I regret to sell it.

I think I'll probably buy a MicroCinema one, it should have a better batteries' life and hopefully a nice 60p in rolling shutter mode.

V-log is not nearly close to "cinema" setting on BlackMagic. I love my GH4 because it is so simple, so easy and overall good, but each and every time I see BM videos... I want one! :)

Well, I pre-ordered the Micro for its size and the additions of global shutter and 60p. Then in november a shop in Paris ran a sale on the Pocket for a little over $500 so i bought one knowing it would more or less match the Micro. But yeah, size and weight have been the main reason i chose it over the BMCC. I direct and serve as my own cinematographer and wanted something just heavy enough when rigged out that micro-jitters would be eliminated whenever operating it hand-held. 

Here's the rabbit hole for the Dog Schidt Optiks lenses. I have a Trump58, 38 & 88 attachments, and some other custom add-ons. i also had him completely remove the mechanical aperture to increase the effectiveness of the tinted aperture inserts.

http://www.richardgaleoptics.uk

wow man.  great to see you;ve started putting the lenses to work!  and also great that you;ve been able to do something with the limited wide options in the current focal length range with the smaller sensor, indoors.  i definitely think the bmpcc is an incredible tool - particularly when used with the 0.58x speed booster.  And once this damn 24mm/2 is ready i think it'll just about fulfil the wide end (even with the bmpcc).  from those stills it definitely looks like aps-c/s35mm rather than a little s16mm sensor.  feels 'proper' so to speak.  

i bet that 1.75 stops of light transmission gain is a godsend with the oval aperture inserts!  

Awaiting the moving images with baited breath!  

I gravitate toward longer focal lengths anyway. If i remember correctly, i rarely went wider than a 24mm on the feature i did a couple years ago (with an aps-c crop). So while I don't feel particularly restricted at the moment, I *am* looking forward to the 24mm attachment for this set. and yeah, the speed booster means i can shoot under well lit street lights if I absolutely have to, even with the 3x oval aperture disc installed.

Looking really good Zak Forsman!

You have the exact set I have been drooling after (Trump 58 + 38&88 attachments), want to get one also at some point when I have money to invest that set! Did you wait long time for your set? I know that Richard is quite busy with these orders and there is decent amount of waiting time. But also understand it in other hand, these are more or less hand crafted lenses after all : )

I still struggle with my GH4 but my daily job is so much easier with this camera body and for that use bmpcc or other raw solution would be overkill. But for personal stuff definitely would like to get more the "feel" and look than resolution and too sharp image. I use mostly vintage lenses on my GH4 (Canon FD set + russian lenses set) which helps + some anamorphic adapters on front, it works quite well...

Looking really good Zak Forsman!

You have the exact set I have been drooling after (Trump 58 + 38&88 attachments), want to get one also at some point when I have money to invest that set! Did you wait long time for your set? I know that Richard is quite busy with these orders and there is decent amount of waiting time. But also understand it in other hand, these are more or less hand crafted lenses after all : )

When I placed my order I was prepared to wait three months but it came much sooner than that. To make the wait worthwhile, I committed myself to writing material during that time to start shooting once it arrived. I know there was a delay in waiting for new glass for the 38mm attachment at the time. Not sure what the current timetable is but it's likely shortened since late last year.

wow man.  great to see you;ve started putting the lenses to work!  and also great that you;ve been able to do something with the limited wide options in the current focal length range with the smaller sensor, indoors.  i definitely think the bmpcc is an incredible tool - particularly when used with the 0.58x speed booster.  And once this damn 24mm/2 is ready i think it'll just about fulfil the wide end (even with the bmpcc).  from those stills it definitely looks like aps-c/s35mm rather than a little s16mm sensor.  feels 'proper' so to speak.  

i bet that 1.75 stops of light transmission gain is a godsend with the oval aperture inserts!  

Awaiting the moving images with baited breath!  

how can I get my hands on one of these lenses ?! I've been dying to get my nikkor ais lenses modified or simply purchase one of your trump lenses