Anamorphic ratio comparison tool

sandrobrito

Hello guys, 

I'm creating this post to share something I did for myself to help me understand the difference between the original aspect ratio and end aspect ratio after de-squeeze with the different anamorphic lenses. 

Maybe it will be helpful for someone else. 

You can download it for mac of pc here http://www.sandrobrt.com/ratio-comparison-tool

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 12.50.05.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I can do both. I've seen a lot of approaches online and I just opted for that one here. 

The tool is more to see the small visual difference between the ratios rather than the resolution itself. Maybe I will add a toggle in case people rather downscale the height instead. Thanks for that

Olá Tito!

I thought of doing it online too put since I just did this for my own purposes initially I just went with what I was more comfortable coding. 

How come you are upscaling the width, instead of downscaling the height?

It doesn't matter much, as the tool is calculating the aspect ratio, not the final resolution. If you downscale height or upscale width, the ratio h/w in both cases will be the same.

I can do both. I've seen a lot of approaches online and I just opted for that one here. 

The tool is more to see the small visual difference between the ratios rather than the resolution itself. Maybe I will add a toggle in case people rather downscale the height instead. Thanks for that

Olá Tito!

I thought of doing it online too put since I just did this for my own purposes initially I just went with what I was more comfortable coding. 

Olá Sandro! Brasileiro? hahahaha

Cool cool cool. I'm still gonna LEARN javascript and jQuery for mine, so it might take a while. What did you use for yours, Python?

• 3 weeks later...