URSA Mini 4.6K price drop? £3040 + VAT at CVP

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I just hope this is not a temporary drop.

I got a similar black Friday offer, but not as good... 4900€ (VAT included). And it's normal price went up after that. I spoke to a salesman and he told me they do those type of offers to reach a certain level of sales with Blackmagic to get better conditions from them. I don't think it will last...

I do hope it's a BM price drop... like that I can get a better deal.

I'm sure we all remember the $500 pocket cam. Which set the internet aflame - "The pocket is discontinued! Here comes the pocket 2, I bet it will be a bigger sensor and have bla, bla, and bla!!!" Lasted about a week, right?

Lasted a week, then took 3 months for the camera to be delivered.

Still the best £366 I ever spent though.

They are just trying to shift their stock ready for the next NAB announcements ;)

Ha ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha hahah ahah ah. Ha.

It's only funny because it's true.

[What's the emoticon for "Rocking gently in a dark corner in the foetal position"?]

Lasted a week, then took 3 months for the camera to be delivered.

Still the best £366 I ever spent though.

Ha ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha hahah ahah ah. Ha.

It's only funny because it's true.

[What's the emoticon for "Rocking gently in a dark corner in the foetal position"?]

Probably going to be the Ursa Pocket or something. Maybe an ND adapter/module for Ursa. 

Whatever market gap exists now, Blackmagic are on it now - shipping in July. 

To be honest, it would be more respectful to not release any cameras and make the Ursa Mini 4.6k the best thing ever in cameras ever made ever. 

Probably going to be the Ursa Pocket or something. Maybe an ND adapter/module for Ursa. 

To be honest, it would be more respectful to not release any cameras and make the Ursa Mini 4.6k the best thing ever in cameras ever made ever. 

If they would just release a MFT version  (even if it means going "merely" 4K) then that would solve this and you can buy adapters with ND filters built into it! 

I just hope they go right on ahead innovating and being crazy. My hat is off to them for failing forward. Do what you do best, and just get better at it. Love these guys. 

I just hope they go right on ahead innovating and being crazy. My hat is off to them for failing forward. Do what you do best, and just get better at it. Love these guys. 

Yes I hope they keep on announcing cameras then shipping then six months later over the other option of not announcing them at all! Looking forward to whatever crazy new cameras they announce at NAB 2016 that I wouldn't have even thought of before!

The Ursa Mini 4.6k could be an absolute stormer of a camera. The pleasing colours and detail is not only a winner for narrative & music videos, but corporate clients will love it. They ALWAYS ask for "crisp" imagery with nice colours, something I find difficult on a Sony. 

I hope they improve the 120fps cropped mode, so far it doesn't look too great...but who knows eh? 

• Super Members

What is the 1080p like on this camera? Is it cropped? Is it soft? What's the dynamic range and noise like compared to it at 4.6k?

Hopefully similar to the BMPC4K. Which is down sampled in camera in such a way that it pretty much beats 4K downscaled in the NLE.
And it also looks pretty much identical identical to 4K when up scaled again.
In other words you can save a ton of SSD storage and make editing faster with the same end result as 4K.

On the BMPC the HD has no loss in DR, less noise (smaller) and a bit sharper.

Maybe I don't remember it correctly, but the 4.6K's price was sitting around £3500 inc. VAT for quite a while, maybe for months, then it went up to 4 grand and now it's back at almost the same old price.

Slrhut sells it for £3400, located in America they work the same way as Digitalrev probably, although I never used them.

Someone on the BM Micro thread has suggested that they're having trouble implementing global shutter (hence the delay) and pointed out that all of the beta testers are keeping very quiet about this one feature. Sounds very plausible to me. I haven't seen any footage from (or heard a single independent person talk about having used) GS on a "switchable" sensor anywhere, ever.