GH4 with SLR Anamorphot 2x (Leica 12-35 & 42,5)

Rashid Garipov

Hello everybody,

i want to buy SLR magic Anamorphot 2x, but i need to be sure.
I tried google some information, but still nothing, i always see info only for Anamorphot 1,33x

So...i want use GH4 (4:3) with my Leica 12-35mm F2,8 & Leica 42,5mm F1,2 
Can i used these two lenses on SLR MAGIC ANAMORPHOT 2x ? I do not want use 1,33x version.

I saw this video:
https://vimeo.com/121383893

But on site of SLR MAGIC is:"
As such it is only suitable for lenses which have a front element size of 50mm or less. "

Please help...i definately want use my Leica lenses, but i am in love with anamorphic..its amazing image with them !
Thanks for reply

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Both the 1.33x and 2x Anamorphot does not work well with zoom lenses. I also need to mention when using a "booster" type adapter the aperture used should be 1 stop below the recommended aperture settings due to the "boosted" aperture. When using "booster" type adapters longer focal length lenses need to be used compared to our recommended focal lengths due to the "boosted" wider angle. Some of our customers mentioned our suggested focal length and aperture values have issues when using a "booster" and it is true. Our recommended focal length and aperture values has the assumption a "booster" type adapter is NOT used.

The 12-35mm F2.8 will most likely not work with the adapter. The 42.5mm F1.2 has a huge front element and is unlikely to work too. We have tested with Panasonic that the Lumix 35-100mm F2.8 when used at F4 or smaller works with the 2x Anamorphot with Rangefinder adapter for the entire focal range of the zoom lens.