Pics with manual lenses on the NX1

sandro

Hi,
I'm looking to use multi purpose manual lenses in Nikon mount for NX1 for pictures. Like a 18-200mm from Sigma (because the native Samsung's is too expensive/discontinued) and I'm having problems with the following:

1) how do you set a specific apertures like f/8 if you just have a ring on the adapter?
2) is it possibile to get manual focus peaking always on instead of pressing the "set" button every time?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Regarding 1), you can go by feeling which is probably not really accurate. What I do is set it to wide open and look at shutter speed & ISO, then I close down and count the stops by watching how the shutter speed and/or ISO changes. Is obviously takes a few seconds to set, depending on how quick you're with maths in your head. Another pragmatical possibility would be to just set the ISO fixed or set the AutoISO to the maximal acceptable value and then disregard f/stop and just open and close as much as possible without going into the underexposure warning.

I've seen the Samsung 18-200mm used in like new condition for 400 € yesterday on a German photography forum. I guess seeing how you're so sure you need a lens like that I'd rather bite the bullet and get a good priced used one than use an adapted superzoom with manual focus.

Regarding 1), you can go by feeling which is probably not really accurate. What I do is set it to wide open and look at shutter speed & ISO, then I close down and count the stops by watching how the shutter speed and/or ISO changes. Is obviously takes a few seconds to set, depending on how quick you're with maths in your head. Another pragmatical possibility would be to just set the ISO fixed or set the AutoISO to the maximal acceptable value and then disregard f/stop and just open and close as much as possible without going into the underexposure warning.

I've seen the Samsung 18-200mm used in like new condition for 400 € yesterday on a German photography forum. I guess seeing how you're so sure you need a lens like that I'd rather bite the bullet and get a good priced used one than use an adapted superzoom with manual focus.

I tried to find it used but seems like nobody has it for sale! The first tip is great thanks :)