am I paying too much for this lens?

craigbuckley

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ah you are just making me jealous I want one of these...

I ended up ordering the rainbow imaging 35mm cctv lens from amazon... I guess I'm anxious to see if its shoots as nice as the wesley 24mm or the pentax 25mm

I am definitely still into getting another cctv or even a macro lens. Can you suggest a good macro lens ANDY LEE? Price range is below $300 and I am looking for a lens that can shoot clear, crisp macro shots. Thanks again!

Best forum out there.

ah crap!

Thanks Andy Lee. I will have to return the rainbow image once it gets to me.. I will order this one that you posted.

But as for a macro lens, can you recommend anything under $300? Through some searching I found this but not sure how it would be quality wise on the gh2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPUS-ZUIKO-DIGITAL-35MM-F-3-5-MACRO-ED-FOUR-THIRDS-LENS-USED-MINT-/170975384905?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item27ceed5549

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vivitar-Auto-Macro-55mm-f-2-8-SLR-Camera-Lens-for-Canon-FD-SN-28705588-/110788246042?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item19cb7e7a1a

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

on a gh2 (x1.86 crop) you get a bit of vignetting on a g6 (x2 crop) not very much at all

my Fujian is soft all round the edges and only slightly sharp in the middle for me its more of an effect lens

if you want a killer Carl Zeiss Distagon almost equivilant 35mm c mount lens get the FUJINON 35mm 1.7 (Made in Japan)

now that is a serious piece of glass - it needs a mod on the back of the lens to make it fit a c mount adaptor but it is very very good and cheap - and sharp with no crazy effect soft ness / distortions like the Fujian made in China

Yeah, I've got the 50mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.7 and 25mm f/1.4 c-mount lenses from eBay and Tindeal. They're fun, but imho they are what they are: just 'toy lenses'. It was fun when I only had the GH2 with kit lens, but you'll want more.

If you want to spend a little, but just a little only, there are some great vintage lenses you can buy that are built like a tank and optically awesome. You'd have to be careful with oiled up or stuck aperture blades, fungus, excessive dust, scratches and clean-up marks and stuff, but if you go on eBay you'll find quite a few in excellent condition. Mind you, just about every lens has a minimal amount of dust inside, those few microscopic particles won't hurt your image though.

Or if you only want new, get the Sigma 19mm or 30mm EX DN f/2.8. Those are optically awesome and native mount electronic too. Not the highest of quality build perhaps, but dirt cheap, especially since now they continued the two within the ART series and sell those for more. And those new ones have a smooth focusring, so the old, more grippy one is better anyways.