BMPCC RAW is not flat?

redimp

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Film/Video setting doesn't affect raw. It is always flat (film) internally, but what you actually see depends on the raw processing settings in your software. What app do you use for processing raw?

Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm using Davinci Resolve Lite. I guess I have to go look for some tutorials and articles about that. Any good read you can think of? Thanks!

If you debayer in BMDFilm color space using BMDFilm gamma you should be able to match ProRes/Film colors. These settings are in the Camera Raw tab on the Color page.

HHQ7FrGQSWV2laUck-_v1MUgE3OK_5dN3TN0ZMSF

Resolve's manual is actually pretty good and informative. It is a good idea to have a look at the relevant sections.

If you debayer in BMDFilm color space using BMDFilm gamma you should be able to match ProRes/Film colors. These settings are in the Camera Raw tab on the Color page.

I think Resolve is not what is making image like that. Here is one frame from a sequence, opened in Photoshop and saved, no changes done to it, just desqueeze.

Look at the saturation. On the camera's display it sure did look OK, flat, not saturated, well exposed.

Can this be a problem with the camera or something? ProRes HQ works fine.

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera_1_2016-01-07_1009_C0002_013549.png

Photoshop (which uses Adobe Camera Raw) will only have the Embedded profile available since it doesn't recognize Blackmagic cameras. ACR debayers in ProPhotoRGB, and then does another transform (to sRGB) on display and export. This is approximately equivalent to rec709 in Resolve.

Resolve will not debayer in BMDFilm unless you set it to do so. Photoshop will not debayer in BMDFilm, because it doesn't know what BMDFilm is.

Photoshop (which uses Adobe Camera Raw) will only have the Embedded profile available since it doesn't recognize Blackmagic cameras. ACR debayers in ProPhotoRGB, and then does another transform (to sRGB) on display and export. This is approximately equivalent to rec709 in Resolve.

Resolve will not debayer in BMDFilm unless you set it to do so. Photoshop will not debayer in BMDFilm, because it doesn't know what BMDFilm is.

I have JUST finally make it work. Thank you, I appreciate your help, if it was not for you I would think my camera is broken.

• Super Members

But it can with a plugin. Here is a quick tutorial using Adobe Camera Raw in After Effects.

Hey, I have the same issue with resolve automatically debayer to rec709 and doesn't convert to bmd film. I just graded from there. 

Do like the post above, switch to BMDfilm and it will look exactly like prores. Its not an issue, its supposed to be like that :)

Hey thanks for the post and link. I did ask this question on the bmd forum and also noticed someone else had asked it earlier in the week- 

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43554&sid=1ebe9ee98fc2f486dd90f2d4b5ec9713

One of the black magic guys kindly responded to me and said it was a problem with resolve and the graphics chip my machine has which is being looked into.