Sony FS5 - why I bought one

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

I wonder what he would use instead at $5k for 4K internal, 4K raw output, 240fps, 13 stop dynamic range LOG recording, Super 35mm sensor and the added bonus of 10bit 4:2:2 internal recording?! Not to mention a built in electronically variable ND filter.

A Canon?!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I wonder what he would use instead at $5k for 4K internal, 4K raw output, 240fps, 13 stop dynamic range LOG recording, Super 35mm sensor and the added bonus of 10bit 4:2:2 internal recording?! Not to mention a built in electronically variable ND filter.

A Canon?!

To utilise 4k RAW u need to spend 3000$ more. 4k internal is 8bit 4:2:0...!!!? 240fps buffering!!

I am definitely not going to use canon. I use sony A7s and rx10ii. they both do a great job. they both come for 3000$. RX10ii has 240fps buffering, Log recording, 4k internal, Built in ND filter and A7s has very good full HD. With this combination i was able to many jobs. I don't know how worth it is having 4k 8bit 4:2:0 and s-log3 for 6000$.

May be i should use it once!

14 hours ago, BrorSvensson said:

it has 10bit 422

Sorry i wrote this when i am absolutely drunk. so missed few good things.

9 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

A Canon?!

I already use A7s and RX10ii  combination for most of the works. they both cost me up 3000$. 4k RAW will add me 3000$ more. only thing they both don't have is

10bit 422, that too in Full hd. if its in 4k hell ya its worth every penny.